Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
00 civic ex
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 2000 CIVIC EX . I WANT TO CHANGE THE OBDII TO OBD1 FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS BESIDES THE WIRE HARNESS CONVERSION. WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO DO. IT JUST WAY TO EASY JUST PLUG IT IN AND GO. THERE HAS TO MORE TO IT THAN JUST THAT. PLEASE HELP. MY CAR IS TORNDOWN AND AM DOING A AUTO TO MANUAL SWAP NOW. AND WAS GOING TO SWAP THE ECU WHILE I WAS AT IT.

THANKS ALOT FOR ANY HELP OR
http://www.d-series.org/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=25#
Crying

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
Wire harness conversion is plug and play if your doing auto to manual swap thats a good thing cause changing your intake manifold to a 5 speed intake manifold your relocating your idle air control valve from the throttle body to the back of the manifold.
Auto has a 3 wire iacv on the throttle body 5 speed has a 2 wire iacv on the back of the manifold in order to convert to obd1 you have to swap this out cause obd1 only sees 2 wires on the iacv so it would invovle getting ride of the orange wire on the 3 wire iacv and switching one of the ecu pins. I send you a link i just have to find it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
you'll need a chipped p28 ecu and the proper p2p map. i can help you out with the map, just pm me. you'll also need to turn your distributor, but thats easy

·
Registered
82 Posts
the problem with the p2p map is the idle ignition. the map says 21.75, but the motor runs at 12. even if you just plug in the ecu with the map unmodified, the motor will run at 12 degrees (but says 21.75 on the map). so everything is off by some amount.

the fix: change the idle section of the ignition maps to 12 degrees. then use a timing light to set the motor at 12 degrees, and you're set. to set it at 12 degrees, you'll need to loosen the bolts on the distributor and turn it.

here is the "official" link
http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?t=6546&highlight=d16y8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts