·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,116 Posts
then youll have a y8.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Alright, stupid question. Where do these go because I totally forgot. The picture with two hoses, the top hose comes from the iacv. The bottom one comes from underneath the intake, can't see exactly where it comes from

Attachments

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
534 Posts
It should come from the water pipe, go to driver side port on the iacv, then from passenger side port to rear port of tb, front port to pvc heater pipe, heater pipe to manifold. you probably have the hose coming from the water pipe still connected from the b2 manifold, and need to pull that off and put the line on the b7/z6 manifold on the water pipe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Another question, we filled up the radiator to see what it was gonna do. And cylinder #4 immediately filled with water, first crank it shot out water from the spark plug (didn't have the plug in just for that reason) could it just be a bad intake gasket?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Its possible, have you run a compression check yet?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ive seen #4 rings tangled up around bent rods from that gasket going. Hope that's all it is and that nothing got damaged from it🙏🤞

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Since I'm not needing any kind of heating whatsoever are there any coolant lines I can just cap off and not have to deal with?

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,440 Posts
Since I'm not needing any kind of heating whatsoever are there any coolant lines I can just cap off and not have to deal with?
The hole in the head is still full of coolant, so if your gasket isn't sealing, even if you cap off the heater core hoses, water will still find its way into intake manifold if the gasket is trashed.

Never, no always, no, never reuse paper or graphite IM gaskets where coolant passes right next to a runner. Cheap insurance to avoid hydrolocking #4.

Hell, if coolant managed to fill up to the plenum, any number of other cylinders could have a charge of water just waiting to find their way into the cylinder.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
The hole in the head is still full of coolant, so if your gasket isn't sealing, even if you cap off the heater core hoses, water will still find its way into intake manifold if the gasket is trashed.

Never, no always, no, never reuse paper or graphite IM gaskets where coolant passes right next to a runner. Cheap insurance to avoid hydrolocking #4.

Hell, if coolant managed to fill up to the plenum, any number of other cylinders could have a charge of water just waiting to find their way into the cylinder.
10-4 rubber ducky. Also, the car will run with no power going to the fuel pump but once we touch the hot wire to the pump it'll flood itself and die. Bad main relay? Or just not wired right?

141 - 150 of 150 Posts