Honda D Series Forum banner
121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Only the ecu controls the firing of the injectors. The injectors are always "hot" with 12v, but should be ONLY activated via a grounding at the ecu.

If the injectors are constantly spraying, the ecu is indeed dead or in need of repair.

I have an auto P06 that works. You can convert it to manual with a piece of wire and a soldering gun easy enough, though I do like the usage of a 0-ohm resistor to act as a fuse of sorts.

PM me. I would likely do $20 plus shipping. I would need a couple days notice.
When I say hot, I mean temperature hot when you touch then. I'll definitely message you on the ecu

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
I understand that. What I was saying, is the injectors ONLY work with the ecu.

If the wiring is confirmed good, the ecu is the sole issue. While it is possible all 4 injectors fried themselves and are shorted out, it is very unlikely. Especially if they all pass the good ol resistance check.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Here's a kicker for you guys. Got the coolant system all hooked up tonight, got eveything else wired in yadda yadda yadda, start cranking it over and adding more coolant as it goes down. BAM fires up and starts to idle okay (lots better than before, wasn't rappen out or anything) then comes the cloud of white smoke🙃

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
536 Posts
Fak! So did you replace the ecu to get the Injectors firing?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fak! So did you replace the ecu to get the Injectors firing?
Nope, I figured the fuel is suppose to cool those off when it's working properly so I wired the fuel pump in, finally got it working like it should. (The guy before me had butt connectors like crazy in the wiring to the pump and one of them came loose, go figure) started turning it over if fired and ran decent, sounded great, almost brought a tear to my eye then it started smoking then I really almost cried

So best case it's just a head gasket, worst case is its a head gasket and a cracked block

Also, we loosened the spark plugs and cranked it over and it shot out water from #4

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,116 Posts
do a leak down test and see if you can hear any bubbling or air leaking.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
So some things have changed at the race track regarding classes and what cars run where. 3 of the 5 cars running as a mini have DOHC (which is illegal for the class) so they are making they're own class. My question is with my stock set up of the D16y7, b7 dizzy and intake, w/p06 ecu. Will this little guy keep up with the DOHC cars?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Are header and intake legal? Your big difference would be torque, the D makes more bottom end than the B but less peak power, in my experience that torque coming in lower makes them comparable, this may not translate to dirt. As is usually the case the driver makes all the difference, ive seen many Bs and even Ks left in the dust of my D as my bottom end pulls me away from the line while they sit waiting for traction then power to kick in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Are header and intake legal? Your big difference would be torque, the D makes more bottom end than the B but less peak power, in my experience that torque coming in lower makes them comparable, this may not translate to dirt. As is usually the case the driver makes all the difference, ive seen many Bs and even Ks left in the dust of my D as my bottom end pulls me away from the line while they sit waiting for traction then power to kick in.
Headers and intake are okay for the mini class.
headers and intake are legal, if they were both stock than I would be in a class below the mini (hornet class) we're usually running in second gear and rpm's are our best friend. being able to maintain them and hitting the Rev limiter at the moment just before entering your corner is what you want then feathering the throttle halfway through the corner and smashing the pedal back down coming out of the corner is ideal. but having the lower end torque to get back to speed out of the corner is just as ideal without spinning out

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well you have quite a few gearing options that's should help you put rpms right where you need them, beware of that thing swapping ends on you, mine loved to end up backwards on the dirt.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Is an H series better than a D? I have access to a H22A4 car that runs and drives. Possibly do an entire swap? Then rebuild/upgrade the D. Good idea bad idea?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I wanna say the H swap requires chassis mods that may not be able to be undone, but the H is pretty much a beast, built for a much heavier car it has plenty of power and torque to make that crx MOVE.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
I wanna say the H swap requires chassis mods that may not be able to be undone, but the H is pretty much a beast, built for a much heavier car it has plenty of power and torque to make that crx MOVE.
Mods as in cut and remove for fitment? Mounts ect?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've never done the swap, only seen the (mostly) finished project, and that was in a 94 hatch, so things would be different. But the subframe was modified, firewall was modified, and quite a bit of the inner fender wells were removed, not sure what it would take to get it into the crx, time for some digging through Google and H or prelude forums for info 😃

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,440 Posts
Did you say put a hood scoop on??? I'm down with that
This is typically what happens when an H gets fitted into a CRX or 88-91 civic, and ground clearance from oil pan to ground stays stock:

Screenshot_20210715-193038_Chrome.jpg

The heads and blocks are just so much taller.

You'll need to build a large extended "power bulge" covering lol, like a much larger version of the eclipse/talon bulge:

Screenshot_20210715-193513_Chrome.jpg

Or go full fox body mustang cowl induction lmao:

Screenshot_20210715-193918_Chrome.jpg

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,116 Posts
that gen dsm was SEX

Reactions: drtalon123
121 - 140 of 150 Posts