Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my EG is getting a JDM D15B vtec motor and tranny from Hmotorsonline and im trying to decide what ECU/harness combo to use with it.

1. I know i have a 92 which is pre-wired for vtec to the shock tower.
2. I could run a P28 ecu BUT the harness with the D15b has a 1 wire o2 sensor and the P28 uses a 4 wire.
3. If i used a P08 ecu and original D15B harness, that means id have to buy the ECU (which is more expensive than the P28).
4. My biggest question is which one would run the motor the best? Which is the best for gas mileage and performance. The P08 runs richer than the P28 so i dont want to run lean with the p28.

Basically im confused and need opinions on which way to wire it up.

RECAP:
1. use b7 engine harness and p28 and hardwire vtec.
2. somehow use the D15B harness and p28
3. use P08 and D15B harness.
4. other

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh noone knows? itll be here soon and i have to get the EF running with my b7 and swap the d15b in and OMFG im gonna scream....lol...but thanks

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
use b7 obd1 harness and wire vtec... easiest and cheapest.

you can then use any ecu you want... p08 or p28. If you get a p28, you can chip it later with p08 maps.

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
itll run ok with the p28 right?...ive heard that they run very lean with a p28.

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i keep thinking of issues and Makku correct me if im wrong but hte P08 runs with the 1 wire o2 sensor and the DX harness runs on a 4 wire o2 sensor...will it run with a DX harness and a P08 or will ihave to swap out the harness when i get a P08

1 - 7 of 7 Posts