Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi sorry if it been asked before I couldn’t find it but please point me to the link. Will a p73 ecu run my 99 d series ek? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
986 Posts
P73 were in 96-00 Acura Integra Type R

Will it run the car no not properly why would you try?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s the d16y4 just thought I would ask about the p73 cause I got a mate selling one. I think a p28 works but will have to rewire everything to connect it. Was told not to piggyback cause it’s a never ending war

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
If getting the engine running properly is the goal, use the correct ecu.

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts
Either the pm6 or p06 if i remember right. Long as it's second gen vtec or 3rd. But no unless vtec the ecu won't work. Where's the work list for vtec ECUS and there match ups? I posted one a time or two. Should be Honda engine and designation match ups. Here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Honda_engines

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts
It’s the d16y4 just thought I would ask about the p73 cause I got a mate selling one. I think a p28 works but will have to rewire everything to connect it. Was told not to piggyback cause it’s a never ending war

p08- p28 will work for vtec hookup. Trying to fix on a solenoid?

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts

p08- p28 will work for vtec hookup. Trying to fix on a solenoid?
otherwise stick to the p2k if you can't do your USDM mod.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
ninja, you should relaly look up those ecu codes you are giving him. None of them are factory drop ins for his engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts