Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need a bit of help I dont know what to get for Engine management.
The car is a 1994 honda civic with a d16z6 It has a Built bottom with vitara pistons and eagle rods. The turbo is a gt3076r and my plans are to run it at 15lbs For daily beatings.
Should I purchase this neptune package for the car?
Neptune RTP / Demon / P28 ECU Package

Or would i need the boost package?!
Neptune RTP/ Demon / P28 ECU Boost Package

Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
This is one of our specialty ECU packages for a complete OBD1 engine management system. Our Neptune P28 ECU Boost Package includes all features of our other Neptune RTP/P28/Demon Package, but with added PWM Boost control circuitry and a MAC boost solenoid for complete ECU controlled boost including variable boost per gear function.

^thats the only difference between them. With that being said it is up to you. The boost solenoid act as a boost controller. It will out put to a solenoid and let you control your boost level via pc vs electric or manual boost controller. It also adds boost by gear. Which is normally done for traction. i.e first gear you can drop it to 5 psi while 2nd and 3rd are 10psi.

So does that sound like something your need? if not then just get the normaly package and a manual or electric boost controller if up are wanting to up the boost

·
Registered
112 Posts
just purchase a chipped p28 ecu (<$125) and either a nice boost controller or the proper spring for your wastegate to run 15psi (1 or 1.1bar)

then take it to a good tuner and have it dyno tuned and roll out.

i always see people waste a ton of money on full setups like that that enable them to tune their own cars, but alot of them dont turn out making as much power, or as reliable as a quality dyno tune by a knowledgable tuner.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
dont worry about the boost package unless you cannot afford good tires, or are making a ton ofpower

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just purchase a chipped p28 ecu (<$125) and either a nice boost controller or the proper spring for your wastegate to run 15psi (1 or 1.1bar)

then take it to a good tuner and have it dyno tuned and roll out.

i always see people waste a ton of money on full setups like that that enable them to tune their own cars, but alot of them dont turn out making as much power, or as reliable as a quality dyno tune by a knowledgable tuner.
Wont a chipped p28 run like crap? I really dont want to deal with chrome.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
who said it only runs crome?

neptune, uberdata, hondata all use an obd1 chipped ecu

there used to be others, but these are the common ones left

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
So you are saying that I can have a chipped p28 on Neptune!?
young grasshopper you have a lot to learn.
To answer you yes. When you chip a p28 you socket it for what ever you wanna run. crome, neptune, uberdata, hondata etc..
YOu get the p28 you send it out to be chipped with say neptune and your all done for alot less then what you lined to

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wont a chipped p28 run like crap? I really dont want to deal with chrome.
as noob as a thread this is, YOU shouldnt be dealing with crome.

have someone that knows what their doing dyno tune your car on whatever program you want: neptune, ectune, ect...

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can buy socketed p28s all over for $130-160. Just Google p28 ECU. Then just choose what you want as far as a chip. i went with the Hondata as the tuner I used for my other cars likes hondata. But he also does Neptune.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If its socketed will it already have Neptune on it? Or will i have to buy something else? I really am lost when it comes to engine management.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
If its socketed will it already have Neptune on it? Or will i have to buy something else? I really am lost when it comes to engine management.
No socket just means u can plug n play pretty much.
Its probaby going to be best for u to buy the pre done ecu, then take it to get tune. Also will your turbo kit be bolt on or u trying to diy?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No socket just means u can plug n play pretty much.
Its probaby going to be best for u to buy the pre done ecu, then take it to get tune. Also will your turbo kit be bolt on or u trying to diy?
The turbo setup is custom But it Should all bolt up correctly. It was on my friends 93 civic but he recently did a k Swap and sold me the kit.

So if i get a socketed ecu what all would i need to be running Neptune?

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Those links that you posted ARE p28 ecus that are already chipped and have neptune on them. It's the exact ecu that is in your car right now but with a clear cover on it and an eprom chip attached to it. The eprom chip is like a little memory card that can have ems's put on it for your specific tune. My local tuner supports ECtune but tunes on many other ems's. All I have to do is take it to him, buy the ems directly from him and he will do everything else from there. Easy as that. If I had a stock ecu and needed it chipped I could take it to him and he would chip it for me and burn whatever ems I chose onto it, your local tuner can answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
112 Posts
with only the basic chipped p28 you can have whatever program (neptune). the tuner simply downloads the software on his computer or laptop and manipulates all of the parameters of the ecu to run your specific setup from his computer. then just saves the program to your chip and you done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Being a noob that I am... I've noticed that a chipped P28 ecu (with the socket) opens up to tuners with whatever software management they choose to use and "tune" the ROM right?

So if I get a P28 ecu with the chip and suited for HONDATA, a person who tunes HONDATA can tune it? I don't really want to run a whole stand alone unit but I want to understand this before I make that decision... As I'm worried that in Australia, no one knows about CROME, and I don't really want to play with tuning yet..

Are there base maps available out there so I can drive the car to tuners instead of having it towed etc?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts