Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm swapping in an OBD1 D16Y8 setup into my OBD0 EF. I've been looking at the jumpers I need and I'm stuck between going the ebay route or spending a little more on the rywire harness. Does anyone have any good experience with the ebay harness? Are they plug & play? Or should I spend the extra money on the rywire harness just to be safe? I don't mind spending a little extra money but if the ebay ones are practically the same I wouldn't mind paying half price either.

Thanks!

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Make your own. It's really easy if you know how to solder.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
repin the dist. connectors, put the OBD-1 connections on the OBD-0 engine harness, then a simple adapter harness for the ECU.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
repin the dist. connectors, put the OBD-1 connections on the OBD-0 engine harness, then a simple adapter harness for the ECU.
I can do this, but I'd still rather get a jumper for the ECU since it looks like there are a lot of wires involved.... I really hate wiring.

Thanks, I'll look into this.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I can do this, but I'd still rather get a jumper for the ECU since it looks like there are a lot of wires involved.... I really hate wiring.

Thanks, I'll look into this.
i think thats what he meant by "then a simple adapter harness for the ECU."

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I was kind of responding to both posts at once there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've always had really good luck out of Zerg Industries stuff. Dizzy adapters and conversion harnesses.
I've read a lot about Zerg. They seem to be "middle of the road" between the ebay harness and the rywire ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts