Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im a noob and just replaced my head gasket on my d15b7 so i learned alot for that experience and I got everything ship shape and put together but the damn thing doesnt wont to start. My crank and cam and everything are in the correct placed and aligned. It does trun over but i have no spark going to the distributor wires. i think my distributor is bad could it be a prob with my ECU? If it is my ecu what type belongs to my 94 civic lx automatic d15b7. Im not looking to auto to manual or any other mods jsut need her running. any help on the ecu or any ideas what the prob is please help me thanks. :p

·
Registered
829 Posts
did you plug in the 2 plugs on the distributor and the ecu you need is a auto p06 but i doubt that would be the problem

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check your valve cover and thermostat housing for disconnected ground wires. Your dizzy won't magically lose spark during the time you are changing your head.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would installing a subwoofer/amp have had any effect on this? When my head was getting cleaned and checked i decided to route my sub wires through the car. And hoping i didnt fuck anything up. I didn't think that i did anything to it becase its just moving wires. What yould be the problem with my valve cover?

·
Registered
39 Posts
There would not be an actual problem with your valve cover, but there might be a ground wire that connects to it. Valve cover and thermostat housing are just the two most common places for ground wires to get left off when changing a head gasket.

A correctly wired amp would not cause any problems. If you ran it to a fuse in the cabin instead of directly fused to the battery you may have blown one of them (cabin fuses).

Still, with no spark but it turns over, I would suspect loose ground 99% following a head gasket job. (Assuming it had spark prior to removing the head.)

Trace your ground cable from battery and make sure It has no loose connections. Then check engine wiring harness for disconnected black cables leading to eyelets that are ECU grounds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k so my valve cover is grounded where is my thermostat ground? and my amp has its own battery fuse.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am not sure about whether or not your car has a ground on the thermostat, but i think it does. Look at the thermostat housing. If you see a single 10mm bolt head somewhere there that doesnt seem to hold the housing to the pipe. Thats where your ground usually is. Trace the wiring harness from the dizzy + sensors in head below dizzy. Trace them all the way back to the main harness connector on the passenger side shock tower.. Right where the dizzy branches to those other sensors, in that area, you should find a black ground wire. Is it hooked up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill check when i get home from class. but i dont remember even removing a ground from there but i hope thats the prob like that will make me happy. i was really confused why the distributor wast getting spark it was running like a champ before starts every time just the head gasket need to be replace. only thing that i did with the eletronics of the car was the amp so i thought fuck what did i do lol. but thanks for the help bro

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is a pic of what I am talking about. Note this is a wiring harness for an OBD0 DPFI car. I airbrushed out the DPFI part and circled the lead to look for, but obviously your connectors are OBD1. Still, for the first half of the harness, the wiring/ routing is the same. On this OBD0 harness the MAP sensor and PURGE control are actually not shown, because they do not attach to the main engine harness, and mount on the firewall. Your car may have the MAP in the wiring harness and sitting on the throttle body, Im not a D series expert, just a tech.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts