Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay i was told that if ur running boost with ur stock ECU that it will throw a check engine light as soon as it see's boost....some people say u have to get it chipped for it and some say u can just bypass it by rigging up some way......i want the truth on what i need to do to have it correctly and safely done...pretty good price.....hopefully around $100.......so any help guys?

O

·
0 Posts
missing link.
www.ebay.com and search for missing link. it is a special 1 way valve that sits betweenthe map and the TB to keep it form seeing boost.

you better make DARN sure you have proper fueling or you will blow your motor.

·
Registered
201 Posts
oscarmayer said:
missing link.
www.ebay.com and search for missing link. it is a special 1 way valve that sits betweenthe map and the TB to keep it form seeing boost.

LISTEN TO THIS GUY, HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT! AND I CAN'T STRESS HOW MUCH YOU NEED PROPER FUELING AND TUNINIG! I'M TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE!!!!!! GOOD LUCK

·
Shoot me!
6,890 Posts
oscarmayer said:
missing link.

Thats it right there pick it up you'll be fine.

·
Registered
652 Posts
yea i was about to say, a check valve would keep the map sensor from seeing boost, i just never understood how it would let air into the hose between the map and valve for times where its no boost, no vaccum

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright i will pick that up.......so i do need to go get it tuned? i have a guy that will chip it and do on the road tuning with his lap top and hondata or uberdata for $200....he said it can make the difference between night and day....

V

·
0 Posts
you can always build one out of supplies from a fish store, 3 lengths of tube, 3 T shaped bypass valves, place them consecutively b/t the throttle body and athe map sensor, shouldnt cost you more than $10 to make, same exact thing as missing link, i used to have a web page i'll see if i can find it.
ah found it! here:
http://www.cse.uconn.edu/~yelevich/turbo/turbo.html
should be towards the bottom but its there

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
SloWD16CiViC said:
alright i will pick that up.......so i do need to go get it tuned? i have a guy that will chip it and do on the road tuning with his lap top and hondata or uberdata for $200....he said it can make the difference between night and day....
to do it cheap, you will still have to get an fmu and i believe an fpr. or go with the vafc, which can be found anywhere from $150-$250.

personally, id just get your ecu chipped to accept Uber or Crome, and find someone that knows how to tune

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
SloWD16CiViC said:
Why do you need this "check valve" if you can have hondata or uber??? The stock map sensor can see up to 10 or 11 psi of boost!!!

O

·
0 Posts
SloWD16CiViC said:

NO do not let "some guy" do the tuning. you want a shoip with a professionaly reputation for doing good work. I cannot stress how many times i've heard this story only in the end to hear that the motor blew up due to improper tuning. use a shop with a dyno to tune the car. e-manage can me used up to 10psi w/o a problem.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i have a 98 civic and all i did was ran a 6psi turbokit with the missing link, votex 12:1 FMU, no intercooler w/blowoff valve ran fine for the longest time..never had a problem. anything 8-10psi u need at least afc w/450 (missing link not needed) 10+psi uber/crom works great..BUT WHAT EVA WHY U GO GET IT TUNE!!! NO STREET TUNE EITHER BEST BET IS TO HIT A DYNO!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well see this is what i got
T-25 Turbo
SSautochrome Manifold
Greddy Type S BOV
Johnny Racing Front Mount Intercooler
DSM 450 injectors
SAFC II Controller
Vortec FMU