Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the story..

I had a P28 with crome on it. I wanted to get hondata with boost control so I sent it to Evans tuning to get it done. They called and said they couldnt use my ecu because it already had crome on it.
So I ended up buying one from them. The guy stated it would be a P28 that they will use so I was like cool perfect.. I just got my hondata back and there is no numbers on the ECU, No sticker above the pins. I can't tell if it's a P28 or they just gave me a P06.. Ontop of that they sent me a hella janky looking ECU (IMO). You would figure after droping $750.00 with them they would atleast take care of the Rust on it..

Any ways my question is. Is there a way I can tell if it actually is a P28 or something else?

Pic- I couldnt get a good shot of above the pins.

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
but ill bet its converted... its a habit of chippers to take off the stickers when its vtec converted, so the customer doesn't always think your sellin them a non vtec ecu or something

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I always leave the stickers on and tell people I'm selling clones. It prevents things like this.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but ill bet its converted... its a habit of chippers to take off the stickers when its vtec converted, so the customer doesn't always think your sellin them a non vtec ecu or something
I can understand that logic but they shouldnt tell me its a P28. They should have told me it was a Converted ecu.. On top of that it doesn't excuse the rust. 750.00 dollars should warrant at least a steel crushed casing.

I always leave the stickers on and tell people I'm selling clones. It prevents things like this.
I like your way of business better

here are pics

+

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the hondata costs $600 plus, $150 for a chipped p28 equiv isnt too bad.

stop playing it up....
lol yeah yeah yeah danz your right

I just had higher expectations that got dashed I guesse thats why i'm jaded

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
always expect the unexpected, good or bad. wonder why they couldnt use your other ecu... crome is just the program on the chip that replaced the original chip. remove that programmed chip and you have a blank ecu do you not? or is it something in how the hondata is pinned in thats different? doesnt make sense to me.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
that ecu you have now with hondata is vtec....

i dont know if its a real p28 or what, but it has the vtec support on the board so your fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts