·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm new to the board, and new to the Honda world. Here is what I have
93 Civic Si HB
1.6L Vtec (98,000 km all original)
Manual.

Here is what I have done:
CAI in summer, Short Ram (for winter here in Canada)
Ractive headers, 2.5" Pacesetters exhaust and Magnaflow high flow cat
Motor mount inserts
Torque dampener
Bosch single plat. plugs

First question: do I need to do anything for my ECU as of yet? If so, what do I do, and how.

Second question: what would be the most beneficial next mod (considering you guys know best) -> cam? intake manifold?

I used to own a Ford Contour, and believe me, the Honda world is quite different. I am trying to learn my way, but I just want to make sure I am doing it right. I stumbled onto this site from honda-tech, and I am just overjoyed with all of your wisdom and projects. I appreciate the help, and look forward to joining the board.

Matt

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
ecu for now is fine. id do a cam, cam gear and ecu next

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but what kind of cam is good? Skunk2? Which runs best in the d16z6?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I was to do ECU, what exactly do I do, and how do I go about doing it? Like do I get a new ECU?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
go visit pgmfi.org, read the library section... then figure out what you can do by yourself and what you have to pay someone else to do.

Keep your ecu... it's gold! (it's a p28 for future reference, btw)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out now.

As for the cam, I know I want to go through with this. I do not want to change the valve springs, and I no I am never going turbo. I will redline this car every now and then, but for the most part, it is a daily driver. I am a student and I have about 500 bucks to spend right now, so I'm just looking for a good cam and maybe a cam gear, with the best bang for my buck.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Well for that amt. of money you could/should go w/ the zex cam and prolly a skunk2 cam gear , I was going to recommend the crower stage 2 but you said u didnt want to mess w/ the springs. The Zex 59300 has been used by several people on here and it has great reviews . As far as the ecu goes ,you might consider chipping your p28 (stock ecu) and running uberdata,cromePRO,NEPTUNE, etc... These are all great options and very easy for you to get your hands on for cheap!!!Welcome to D-series.org

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate all of the help you guys are giving, as I am very new to the Honda world.

If I go Zex 59300, do I need to change springs?

I understand that by not changing the springs, I probably wont get the max out of my honda, but for now (cash situation), it's all I can do.

I've been reading up for the past hour and a half on the uberdata software, and how to mess with my ECU. It's quite interesting, but quite overwhealming at first. I think I may give it a go.

The soldering does not seem to difficult, as I have done this before. I may just use one of the scripts which are already present, and then if I'm confident enough, then I will try and code it myself. But as such, you guys are resourceful and very knowledgeable, which I appreciate greatly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts