Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just bought a '02 Toyota Echo 1.5 VVT-I, and I was amazed how nervous this engine is. It's near to perform like my moded civic perform. Weight play a big role in it, but it's bad to think more about Echo is made to be economic and cheap, and make 15.56sec at 1/4miles..... not so bad I found...

There is no really question about it, but I want comment on your Echo ride if you did, and how do you 'feel' when your moded hodna is the same as stock echo.... :(

thank you

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Belette said:
My wife just bought a '02 Toyota Echo 1.5 VVT-I, and I was amazed how nervous this engine is. It's near to perform like my moded civic perform. Weight play a big role in it, but it's bad to think more about Echo is made to be economic and cheap, and make 15.56sec at 1/4miles..... not so bad I found...

There is no really question about it, but I want comment on your Echo ride if you did, and how do you 'feel' when your moded hodna is the same as stock echo.... :(

thank you
I cant believe a stock echo runs a 15.56... I would think even being light as hell it might run a 18.xx w/ slicks.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some guys around here make it... and we are far higher from see level...

15.6 with the hatch... but Believe me, this VVT-I engine in this light car is really nervous on start :)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Yeah, my fiancee has one, and I drive it fairly frequently. It's a VVTI 1.5L, ~100 hp, 100 ft-lb. They only weigh 2200 lbs, have a decently close geared 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and the VVTI gives them a super flat torque curve throughout the band. Honestly though, my Y7/Y8 hatch is faster, but I've never had it at the track...

·
Registered
2011 pilot
393 Posts
i say take them to the track damn it....i wanna see what they run....i had a friend that said he could wooop my ass in his girlfriends "corolla s"........now it gets me thinking

1 - 6 of 6 Posts