Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can't set a ebc to boost lower than the wastegate setting, but the question is, can you set the start boost on a ebc lower than the wastegate setting? For example, my wastegate is set to 6psi, it spikes to 6.3psi then kinda fluctuates (sp?) between 6.1-6.3psi on this setting (yes, I am aware I have some boost creep lol). The ebc I have has a start boost setting to set when the wastegate starts to open, can I set the start boost level on the ebc for say 6psi, or will I have to set it for above where it spikes at 6.3psi ? I am only wanting to run 8-8.5 psi. I tried just adj the boost from the wastegate rod, but it has bad boost creep and spikes, so I'm giving my greddy another chance to redeem itself lol.

·
Registered
91 Civic Si
197 Posts
If your wastegate is set for 6 psi, it actually starts to open long before you actually hit 6 psi. If it didn't open at all until you hit 6 psi you would get huge boost spikes all the time. The start boost setting on a Profec B can allow you to adjust for boost spikes but it will never be able to open the wastegate sooner than it normally would under its own power. It can only do the opposite by making it open a little later to help spool time if at all possible.

If you're worried about a .3 psi spike, don't be, its nothing to worry about. Being able to hold within .3 psi is actually very good.

I use a Greddy Profec B Spec2 on my car and i love it, it took a lot or trial and error to really figure it out but it really is a good EBC.

Hope thats helps...

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep that helps alot, I'm not using the profec b, I have the profec e-01, pretty much the same thing with a big screen lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts