Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as it seems my friend is looking for a T3/T4 turbo on Ebay. I think he was acutally looking for the SSAutochrome or XSpower stuff. I told him it would be better to piece the kit together. My question is, isnt a T-3/t-4 Turbo a little to big?? i mean i know it will work, but isnt there going to be lag like crazy? i heard they dont spool until 4500-4800 RPM. Would it be more sutible to use a T-3 .42/.48 Turbo because of quicker spool times. I know i will only boost up to 7-8 PSI for starting until i can build bottem end. Also i see some people using T-3 .42/.60 Turbos, what is the difference here. Thanks guys for you time and input would be greatly appreciated

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
its going to depend on what kind of power he wants to make. if he is stock block, a straight t3 .42/.48 is probably your best bet. it will spool fast and support 200+ pretty easy

t3/t4 on stock block is a little overkill. your hp limits wont justify having such a big turbo. a smaller turbo that spools faster will be quicker at the same max hp, because of the broader powerband

·
Random Hero
2,624 Posts
as ryan stated. It all depends on where you want it to spool up, and your power goals/requirements.

I have a .60/.48 T3 (this is pretty common) Is this what you are reffering to when you typed .42/.60?

In any case, mine spools about 10psi (full spool for me) @ ~3500rpm

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i thought the Comp side was .42 and the Exahust side was .60 on those turbos, at any rate he will be boosting on a stock block, and upgrade the bottem a little later, i thought the T-3 turbos could support around or up to 250 hp, not sure, he will prob only boost 5-6 Psi since he has an Auto tranny anyways, and i knew that the t-3/t-4 would be to damn big for this correct me if i am wrong haha..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts