Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just hooked it up today, with the mfactory sensor, it worked fine, i was happy.just a few minutes ago ,i went to get smokes when on my way back home i notice the needle is not showing any temp, what the hell happened?i checked all the wires and they seem fine,it lights up and has power,but its not reading anything all of a sudden.what could it be?

its one of those type r gauges they were cheap.has anyone had one of these, or a similar problem?

·
Registered
95 civic
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im going to first thing,cause there is no science hooking these things up,and it was working to top it off,so im pretty sure its the gauge taking a dump.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
is it lighting up? maybe your wire to the sender is disconnected or grounded?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
your using a ebay gauge with a MF sender?

Are these two units calibrated to work with each other??????

Like putting a Ford sending unit in a GM car and the gauge reads backwards, which it should!

·
Registered
95 civic
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
it works again, i just tighten up the sender wire off the mf sensor, and its working again, i'll just have to see how long it will live.

yeah trans i know, its just a temporary cheap gauge.but it is reading about 5 to 10 degrees cooler than what you were saying the temp should be in other post., so i don't think its badly off at all.but correct me if i wrong.temps about 176

1 - 10 of 10 Posts