Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wandering if anybody has bought an eBay turbo kit for their ride and what kind of luck have you had with it.

I read a magazine article that compared brand name turbo kits versus a few eBay turbo kits. The verdict there was that those eBay turbos are actually not that bad. They made power comparable to the name brand ones and were just as reliable.

I suppose with fine professional tuning, they should work fine.
I have a y7 and really want to boost it but since this car is my project and my daily driver, I don't want to go with a really expensive and elaborate build...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Turbo kit from ebay are nice but u need much more thant that for safe DD
Try xtd 6 puck whit spring for clutch (ebay clutch)
You need injector 450 cc dsm are cheap and flow well for low boost
You need a better intake manifold cuz the y7 are crap and the ebay kit are for y8 z6 manifold my friend notice 17 whp more after change is y7 to y8 on 7 psi dyno tuning
You also need obd1 ecu p06,p28,p75 ...
If u car is obd2 you need harness. Obd2 to obd1 to plug obd1 ecu
You need solid motor mounth
Minimum 2.5 exaust for a good flow the kit include 2.5 downpipe
And for a safe DD you need good oil line cuz the one in ebay are junk and a oil restrictor for drop the oil psi in turbo if you dont do that you blow turbo seal or blow oil line and scrap your bottom end

Soory im frenchies from canada if you dont uderstand my reply im soory i try my best

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Yea get an ebay kit with a fuel managment system n tune. Your be alright. When sonething breaks (turbo, oil feed line, manifold if ram horn kind) just replace it with another.

Ebay turbos arent bad just not made for hi boost or oil pressure

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
"I don't want to go with a really expensive and elaborate build"

I will say this, you will not be happy if you cut corners and build a cheap turbo, you need to pay to play. You can short your self and go low ball and have something you can roll around in but you will want to go fast, and when you do your car will/might break everytime.

Wanna have a nice car thats fast? You will need to get parts that work well together, not just thrown together for "a" race. I saw a build up for a CRX project car did with a j/y turbo and sure it was cheap and beat a non turbo DOHC car but, it wasn't being daily driven in traffic, and heat, and clutch on and off all day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.