Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that most people know about these, but there still the occasional "Ebay strut braces?" thread, so I'll quickly write my thoughts. Sorry guys, no pics of the process or after, cause my digi is busted and I have a cheap phone w/ no camera. Will try to get pics later.

I just got done installing a set of front and rear braces that cost like $40 or so on ebay. Yes, I knew they would be cheap pieces of shit, but I figured they would be good enough until I could afford decent ones.

They are adjustable, meaning theres basically a hinge spot. Hinge bad.

When I installed the mounts, all four were slightly angled towards the back. This meant that the bolt fit to attach the bar, but much more angle and it would have been a bitch. As it was, it was just a "snug" fit.

Also, on one of the mounts for the rear, one of the holes for the bolt was bent upwards. I was able to bend it back using a hefty set of pliers, and while it wasn't as easy as peuter, I am not a stong guy by any means so take from that what you will. :D

Lastly, the front bar has two bends in it, meaning that if the adjustment lock nut and the bolts attaching the bar and the mount are TIGHT, it will wiggle. Yeah, thats REAL stiff.:holla: Locked it all down and it won't budge an inch.

Moral of the story is you get what you paid for. While this is better than nothing, it's still a cheap piece of crap. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
i did the BOMZ racing 70dollar all 4 tower bars...strut and tie bars...i have all but hte front lower tie bar on the car (ex 4dr sedan) and theres little to no body roll cept in high hard turning...i need a rear sway to plant it down but im very happy with the results of this mod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts