Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
320mm, red stitch, black pvc leather. It came with a hub adapter. Total costs: $55.

My stock steering wheel was all gross and squishy feeling. This one makes the car feel new. It smells new too. The plastic sleeve they sent to cover the hub adapter wasn't big enough so I just left it off. It was super easy to install. My horn wasn't working before, so I didn't try to hook the button up. The connector thingy for the horn looks kinda cheap and I'm not sure how it would work, but I don't need or want a horn anyway.

I'm definitely satisfied. It looks and feels good and does the job.

Here's how it looks installed in my car:

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I wasnt going to say anything..

Those cheap Ebay/NRG wheels bend like bubble gum wrappers.

But, if thats what you want, who am I to stop you.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
I wasnt going to say anything..

Those cheap Ebay/NRG wheels bend like bubble gum wrappers.

But, if thats what you want, who am I to stop you.
NRG wheels? The NRG ones I've seen are solid, not PVC inside like the ebay ones.

OP the horn isn't hard to install, the wire is the horn switch output (to wiring) and the ground is the other prong (grounded to hub or wheel). It is illegal to not have a functioning horn.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
had ebay wheel it bent so got a sparco. no horn on mine tho.. too lazy to get a removable hub and wire it up. had it wired but it would pull off when locking turns

·
Registered
91 ED7
110 Posts
I had an ebay steering wheel, the deep dish OMP corsica copy. It wasnt that bad, a bit more flex than the proper one i got now.

However the splines in the adapter were cast, and looked horrible, they worked but it didnt give me confidence.

Now i got a steel wheel (cant remember what brand) and made my own adapter in the mill with a rotary table. Solid as f*ck.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
i made a writeup on how to install a wheel wiith working horn and no SRS light

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
looks like a cheap POS

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the feedback. I bought the steering wheel on impulse after spending three days replacing oil seals and the clutch on my wife's car. It was a little gift to myself. A friend told me he had one that bent when push-starting his car once. Hopefully I won't have to deal with that anytime soon. I'm not racing, and I'm not prone to fits of rage, so I don't really see how I could bend it under normal driving conditions. If it fails, I'll get something better next time.

The horn was hooked up and not working before, and I don't really care. The cold air intake, header and missing cat are illegal, and the headlights probably are too. Up where I live, the car only has to be smogged when transferring the title (unless a close family member sells you the car, which is how I avoided that), and we don't have any kind of vehicle inspection to worry about.

Right now I'm spending most of my time worrying about noises coming from the transmission and getting ready to change the ISB. This steering wheel looks and feels good to me and actually kind of inspires me to want to fix the tranny.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
no worries op, we all have been there. keep up the hard work.

dso is about love. tough love, but love anyway.

:TU:

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Cool man, thanks. I'm starting to figure that out.
yup :D

and i would hate to see you spend your money on something that may not last...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Y does that wheel look like its been photo shopped into a different photo?
For some reason the steering wheel came out focused and the rest is a little blurred. Not sure why. And the flash made the original pic look weird, so I touched it up by messing around with the brightness and contrast to make it look more like an ad. It's kind of a joke based on this poster I had in my room when I was a kid:

Here's the un-Photoshopped original:

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
I have a cheap ebay wheel in my 240, I havent even driven the car and it's bent. Right out of the box.

And my car doesn't even have a horn, like the physical horn itself. No point in hooking the wires up lol. Ill get an aftermarket one and wire it to a little push button on a gauge panel im going to make

·
Registered
91 ED7
110 Posts
In the long run, buy a quality wheel.

Remember, it is one of the few parts you can take with you to the next car you decide to buy.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts