Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I finally got around to cleaning up the shop and I found my Short Shifter from Ebay. Here are some pics of my $6.00 aluminum shifter that snapped going from 1st gear and 2nd gear..

No it is not Billet like it said in the description
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

So I guess I wont be buying another one of these. You get what you pay for.
Don

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol... Yeah I was making a test pass in front of my shop. And it snapped right in my hand. I was laughing so hard....

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
my question/debate is does the b&m really make that big of a difference...like is it an even shorter throw? i've been considering getting one, but i don't know if i should or not

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
well yea, i know that, but i'm asking does the b&m make that much of a difference that it would be worth getting now or just waiting until mine breaks, if it does..

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
ok man, damn...like i said i plan on it eventually, but i want to know if it is that much of a difference between the knokoff and b&m...
The b&m one is much heavier, and paired with a weighted knob makes shifting effortlessly smooth and crisp...I love it, only thing i would want differently is the dual bend rather than the straight one i've got...

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
i have a skunk2 short shifter, and it's fuckeng noooice....

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No actually i knew it was crap. I didnt think that it would snap. Just thought it was crappy finish or whatever. Not even billet lol. Just crappy polished. Oh well, my stock one works just fine. Everytime I look at the peice I have to laugh at myself. I knew it before i bought it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.