Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was debating on weather or not to get a ebay half size radiator to try and help keep my engine a lil cooler during this cali summer heat. My gauge never goes above half but my motor still smells hot after a 15-30min drive in 90s-100° weather. My question Is if anyone has any experience with ebay radiators and would I still be able to utilize my stock fan or will I need a new fan?

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Ebay dual core radiators work great.

Their slim fans come without a fan shroud, and are not efficient as the stock unit IMO.

I have a ebay dual core radiator with the stock fan/shroud bolted to it. It pulls way more air and runs cooler than the slim fan did.

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
361 Posts
Ebay radiators have the same mounting bosses built in. The factory fan bolts to it exactly as it would if you were using a factory radiator. No fabrication/modification needed. Look at the inlet and outlet size though. The factory size is 1.125" and aftermarket is 1.25", at least the one I have is. The factory hoses did not fit and I had to buy silicone hoses. Some setups on Ebay come with the radiator and hoses all in one sell.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Ebay radiators have the same mounting bosses built in. The factory fan bolts to it exactly as it would if you were using a factory radiator. No fabrication/modification needed. Look at the inlet and outlet size though. The factory size is 1.125" and aftermarket is 1.25", at least the one I have is. The factory hoses did not fit and I had to buy silicone hoses. Some setups on Ebay come with the radiator and hoses all in one sell.
I got my factory hose over my eBay rad.
Just got some boiling water and dip the hose in in it. Then use a bit of soap and slip them over.
Flush the system and all was good.

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
361 Posts
I pulled,pried,soaped, and even used a heat gun and I couldn't get the lower hose on. I gave it a few days, cleared my head, went to the gym, took some steroids, and still couldn't get it on. I just gave in and bought silicone hoses.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Look at the ebay cores then look at the ones for sale on go-autoworks or rcautoworks. Same shit for 300% mark up. Ive had 2 ebay radiators on my car. The first one was only replaced due to a front end collision. Fab a shroud for the slim fan if you want or just get one big enough to cover just about the whole radiator. I have a da integra full sized dual core radiator and 2 slim fans on my ej1. Its a z6 turbo with water cooled turbo. Zero problems even with a bad head gasket.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I used an Ebay dual core with a stock fan/stock shroud; it kept my 400whp built motor cool at all times. You'll be fine!

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
IIRC the 1.25" outlets/inlets are for b swapped cars and the 1" ones are for D series cars. They do sell both.
They sell both but I they jack up the price for one that fits the d.
I think the normal ebay rad is $50-$60 and the d version is like $75-$100

1 - 16 of 16 Posts