Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Ex
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a Ebay oil pressure gauge and hooked it up per directions.
at first I got a 120 psi reading but then after I grounded the sensor it reads 0. I have the gauge grounded and the power from the gauge to my accessories fuse. how do I get this damn thing working. it's screwed into my oil sandwich adapter from glow shift. It is an electric oil pressure gauge and sensorand sensor.

EDIT: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-52mm-Digital-Red-LED-PSI-Oil-Pressure-Press-Gauge-With-Sensor-For-Car-Truck-/160913594017?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25773296a1

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Move the sender to the stock oil sender. I think the sandwich adapter is your problem.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Glowshift gauges are known to have issues. Theyre cheap alure is why everyone buys them.

Decent cheap gauges can be found from prosport that actually work.

Try to swap the wires on the pressure switch. Ground and signal. Those cheap pieces of crap arent labled right.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Prosport are reasonably priced and are definitely not plagued with the issues of cheaper gauges.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
never heard of proshift..

Im using ProSport's oil pressure and temp gauges and they work fine.

IDK about theor widebands doe

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Ground the threads on the sending unit if it's a 1 wire unit

If it's a 2 wire unit then 1 wire goes to ground and the other back to the gauge.

Also note if the sending unit moves around alot it can vibrate and kill it.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Never heard of prosport. I've all ways used autometer and never had a problem.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Ex
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's only a 1 wire. I grounded the threads, but I broke off half of the bolt on the oil pressure sensor, there is a wire that runs inside of it. I'm thinking that since its not touching the inside of the bolt that I broke off, it somehow wont get a reading.
Gonna try to get it replaced from the vendor on Ebay, but the seem to be ignoring me.
Seems like I need to go out on my own and buy a new sender.
Any recommendations?

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
should be 1 ground and 1 sending wire.. Swap the 2 on the switch.. the markings on the switch arent correct.

I had GlowShit before. This is what i had to do as mine didnt work either.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
This is the one that I got 2" 52mm Digital Red LED PSI Oil Pressure Press Gauge with Sensor for Car Truck | eBay

I hooked up the sensor wire to the post, and wrapped a ground wire around it, because I couldn't get it on the threads, wasnt much left after breaking a bit off. Think that has something to do with it, or is it a bad sensor?
Ground wire HAS to be on the threads. It doesn't work if it's on the tbody of the sender.

And if you broke then signal terminal. Then your need a new sending unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts