Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here bought an ebay n-1 exhaust? Are the pipes bends the same as the apex-i exhaust. What I'm looking for is a system that exits my car at an angle like the apex-i model if I can find one. Its for a 95 lx. Any insight would be greatly apreciated.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
when you say "angled", ae you talking about the version that has the sa,e bends as stock but a re mandrel bent or are you talking about the "JDM angle" like straight back and straight over to the right?

post a hotlink.

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
you talking about like this?

the purpose of this particular style exhaust bend is the theory of: "that the less bends an exhaust has, the better the flow"

most states dont approve of this style exhaust due to the fact that the exhaust travels just under the fuel cell/gas tank. so make sure your current city & state approves of this exhaust

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
you talking about like this?

the purpose of this particular style exhaust bend is the theory of: "that the less bends an exhaust has, the better the flow"

most states dont approve of this style exhaust due to the fact that the exhaust travels just under the fuel cell/gas tank. so make sure your current city & state approves of this exhaust
A long time ago I asked about setting up any exhaust like that, but everyone said don't do it. But I've seen several hatches, that one included now, that did it and looks good. But more importantly the fact that it's basically straight back from the DP to the exhaust. Great flow characteristics.

Back on topic...I've heard the Ebay ones and "name brand" ones and there CAN be a difference in sound quality. But meh...for the price I'd go for it!

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
For the price, I'll give it a :TU:
I really have no complaints from it, other then the 4.5" tip
yeah, my boy AJ (NeMeSiS_EK) just bought a full exhaust from a company but they didnt mention that it was a turbo-back exhaust so when he got it in the mail and looked at it, he kept saying it was "big". i just figured he was bullshitting but i saw it and was like "HOLY SHIT!" it 3in all the way back to a N1 style muffler with a 5in tip. but at least it has a silencer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts