Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can these ebay turbo kits running low boost..under 8psi.. run ok on stock injectors and tune? d16z6 motor, already have a f1 clutch and flywheel and full 2.5' exhaust.. i know it will run better once tuned but if i get a kit and bolt it up and running can i run it for a few weeks until i get it tuned or..?

·
Registered
1992 honda civic
327 Posts
can these ebay turbo kits running low boost..under 8psi.. run ok on stock injectors and tune? d16z6 motor, already have a f1 clutch and flywheel and full 2.5' exhaust.. i know it will run better once tuned but if i get a kit and bolt it up and running can i run it for a few weeks until i get it tuned or..?
negative ghostrider.

it will RUN fine....as long as it idles and you dont drive it anywhere.

·
Registered
92 civic dx 4dr
451 Posts
I know that they can run on stock internal to be safe push it to 200hp cause alot of members on here say you cant run it more then 250hp cause you can blow a rod out
this is all I can say its all I know plus ebay turbo some people had bad luck with them cause the turbo can get F up quick if you dont have it tune. I might be wrong

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
downpipe wont be direct bolt up anyways, you NEED injectors and tune

·
Registered
1992 honda civic
327 Posts
I know that they can run on stock internal to be safe push it to 200hp cause alot of members on here say you cant run it more then 250hp cause you can blow a rod out
this is all I can say its all I know plus ebay turbo some people had bad luck with them cause the turbo can get F up quick if you dont have it tune. I might be wrong
the turbo gettin F'd up is the least of his worrys running untuned.I'm thinkin melted pistons, or nice sized holes in the block.

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
i just wanted to make sure..ill make sure i get everything before i do it then.
youll probably want some stuff to get tuned, chipped ecu with basemap to run bigger injectors to get you to the tuner, a wideband afr guage probably less than $200 the popular ones are AEM or Innovate, a boost guage.

·
McLOVIN
2002 Civic Si
800 Posts
i would definitly set it up on stock injectors/tune if you want this to happen:

thats my friends A6 block that they bolted a KKK turbo up to lol. lasted about 4 minutes of hard driving

·
Registered
406 Posts
i would definitly set it up on stock injectors/tune if you want this to happen:

thats my friends A6 block that they bolted a KKK turbo up to lol. lasted about 4 minutes of hard driving
That's fine! Just buff it out..

Seriously though, OP, read like, any of the articles in the forced induction stickies. Lots of good info if you're thinking about boosting.

E-bay kits aren't a good idea in the first place in terms of quality and durability, but if you absolutely need boost now, you definitely need a tune and upgraded fuel delivery.

·
McLOVIN
2002 Civic Si
800 Posts
No we just run it open like that, it REALLY helps vent the crankcase and you can tell whlen you get excessive blowby. we did however have to buff out the piston and weld the rod ;)

·
McLOVIN
2002 Civic Si
800 Posts
yea the guy was going b20 and we had a friend whowas upgrading from his KKK (audi?) turbo and we were like OMG lets hook this thing up and boost the shit out of it on wastegate (14lbs). so we did and minutes after its hooked up, hes calling us to tow him home lol

You WILL need injectors and a tune OP

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
yea the guy was going b20 and we had a friend whowas upgrading from his KKK (audi?) turbo and we were like OMG lets hook this thing up and boost the shit out of it on wastegate (14lbs). so we did and minutes after its hooked up, hes calling us to tow him home lol

Knowing this, that damage wasn't caused directly from no tune and stock injectors, it was caused from the amount of boost mixed with the varients in discussion.

·
Registered
69 Posts

yeah his lasted for like 2 days at 10psi untuned.beating on it every second it was fun time.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yeah you can get them anywhere from 50 to 75. I have sold them for that and bought them for that. I have seen a few sets over the past day or so for that price. I seen a website last night the was like a online pawn shop for car parts but I cant find it again. They had a set of blue top DSM 450s. Also if you run DSM injectors you will also need a resistor box. Wasnt sure if you knew that or not.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts