Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
worked great for me i only had to cut like 2 pipes and have them welded at a local shop.. fitment was nice for the money spent

·
Registered
90 Posts
oh and the kit i bought didn't have a bov flange so i bought one, cut a hole in the pipe an had that welded in too which i actually bought the flange from cx too

·
Registered
90 Posts
Then it should be perfect for you. When you get it out of the box set it up how you kind of want it on the car. Then put the intercooler on the car and try the same set up you did earlier. Use a marker and mark the pipes where to cut and don't cut to much at once.. use your couplers to see exactly how you want them.. then get them marked for welding I had one of the whole straight pipes left. Please make sure you use tbolt clamps not worm gear clamps I learned the hard way during tune lol had 2 blow off and had to pull the front bumper to get to them.. but goodluck man should work great for ya sorry the long write up

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
When i did my DIY charge pipe, i ordered what ever kit i could find that had the pieces that suited my needs. I ended up ordering a VW golf kit IIRC, it had two 180* bends and a few other pieces that came in handy, plus it came with my IC. Was pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
it should work fine ive heard good things about ebay/cxracing intercoolers and for the piping well a pipe is a pipe lol go for it. Im probably gonna use the same kit when i boost my civic

·
one grumpy old man
786 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
My ebay kit came with (worthless) rubber couplers that I had to replace. Also, the piping was a non-standard size.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've got my old charge pipe setup I was running before I tore it down. It's ugly but comes with a working DSM BOV and it'll be cheap. We can even arrange for no shipping. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
haha all i ment was that we should all stfu and start posting pics of this setup, because both I and the OP would like to see some pics of this setup to see if its really legit.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts