Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of turboing my civic, aren't we all...... anyway, the thing I've yet to do is the intercooler and charge pipes. I have a starion, but without the endtanks mounted to the side I don't think it's going to work.

Anyway. I see there's kit's on ebay for $190 + shipping for intercooler, piping and bov. anybody know it's shit? I figure the amount of mandrels I'll have to buy from summit, etc. I might as well get a intercooler pipe kit..... Anybody have any idea how much it would cost to get my endtank welded to the sides>?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
the price on those kits are pretty cheap, and the people that use them seem to like them. only issue is that none are designed for EF/ED chassis, so the piping might not be a perfect fit. nothing that a hacksaw cant fix i would imagine.

main flaw that ive seen is that some kits use shitty couplers. you need nylon reinforced silicone couplers or you are running the risk of popping one

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
the price on those kits are pretty cheap, and the people that use them seem to like them. only issue is that none are designed for EF/ED chassis, so the piping might not be a perfect fit. nothing that a hacksaw cant fix i would imagine.

main flaw that ive seen is that some kits use shitty couplers. you need nylon reinforced silicone couplers or you are running the risk of popping one

what he said.. there great all besides the couplers

·
Registered
915 Posts
i just recently bought one...intercooler looks awsome, piping is for a 92-95...but all u gotta do is relocate the battery if u have a EF and the charge pipe to the intake will work...havent installed it yet but everything looks pretty solid for the money spend

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I already have an Ebay CAI and some stock piping from a ford probe. so I have so extra to work with.....

Anybody have any idea how much it would cost to get the endtanks a starion intercooler welded to the side??

Also, which couplers are the shit then?

dam, I'm a turbo noob. So, need to get a first kit under my belt...............

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you recommend those, even if your only going to run like 7psi on a small IHI?

I found a intercooler pipe kit on homemadeturbo for like 85 shipped, that comes with couplers, i dunno what kind they are though. it in the stickys in the FS section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.