Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wudup D-series.org

I have just recently bought a 04 SE coupe, and it has the D17.
I'm wondering if those ebay cats will help my car efficiency, thus making this puppy breath a lil easier, i figure it could only help on the fuel consumption. I dont really care about performance from this. And will this these cats trigger my eng light coming on ?

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
and youll get an annoying buzz from 3000-3800 that youll never forget. if you get a header, get a high flow cat and a resonator. thats what im about to get installed because i cant stand the fucking angry bees always yellin at me

·
Registered
397 Posts
If you are looking for fuel comsuption, all headers are for performance. Just give to it a good maintenace: chage spark plugs, air filter (k&n in stock box), etc. You just bough the one of the cars with the better milage in the market.

P.S.
For better milage than the 7th gen civic, buy a hybrid or a bicycle :smartass:...

·
Registered
97 Posts
if you throw on an intake and a cam youll get better milage.
some guy did a stage 3 cam and krpo tune and was getting over 40 mpg
There's a guy around here, he runs a B18, Turbo, Methenal Injection, everything, cam and stuff, and when he drives sensibly he get 48 MPG. IDGI but hell I don't get alot of things.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
if you dont get down in it turbo cars can return better fuel economy its sweet

·
Registered
164 Posts
There's a guy around here, he runs a B18, Turbo, Methenal Injection, everything, cam and stuff, and when he drives sensibly he get 48 MPG. IDGI but hell I don't get alot of things.
Power and Efficiency go hand in hand, for the most part. It's an oversimplification, yes, but think about it. If you can do more work with the same amount of energy, you'll be able to do the same amount of work with less energy expended.

turbos are economic when driving "normal" and fun when you open up the throttle.
Free power.

·
Registered
a Honda
121 Posts
i have one of those ebay cats it's just a resonator and i only got it because i'm flipping the car. if you have emissions in your state you'll probably fail

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
weird before i put the high flow cat i had the buzz from 4k rpm-7k and i loved it sounded like a angry vtec but was way 2 loud

·
Registered
174 Posts
i'm running a ebay header, meagan text pipe with the resonator cut out and replaced with a magnaflow cat, and mid pipe and muffler sections are from a rsx-s. sounds alright to me. the rsx-s muffler is a little to quiet on start up and low rpm-s but when i step on it you can definatly hear it.

the muffler you choose is going to make the biggest diffrence in the sound (loud, rhaspy, quiet, etc...)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts