Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have luck with it or is it going to fall apart on me? only need like five feet of it

·
Registered
234 Posts
DEI makes decent wrap. Only thing id say bad about it is, it is thinner compared to other wraps i've felt. I prefer titanium also, even if it doesnt hold more heat in the exhaust than the other wraps it looks cooler imo and is the same price. I can full on grab a runner on my manifold after a nice spirited drive and not burn myself at all.

I would use 1" wide wrap for a 4-2-1 header or most turbo manifolds. And 2" wide for a downpipe. 1" wrap is a lot easier to manipulate and wrap complex or tightly packed runners than 2".

Also i bet you'll need more than 5 feet, I used 15 feet on my megan header and could only get the 4-2 section wrapped and left the 2-1 section un wrapped.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thinking of doing this to my y8 manifold since the cover is missing. When u pop the hood it looks like a rusty eyesore ATM. Anyone do there stock manifold? Keep readying stories about cracking after u wrap it. A year or so down the line

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Thinking of doing this to my y8 manifold since the cover is missing. When u pop the hood it looks like a rusty eyesore ATM. Anyone do there stock manifold? Keep readying stories about cracking after u wrap it. A year or so down the line
not worth the expense, just paint it with high temp paint instead.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Wrapped or not they crack. Common issue with the y7 cat/manifold. Get a stock y8 setup and use it, performs and looks better.

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well now i wish i would have gotten the thermasolutions but i all ready bought it went with the DEI titanium 1''X15' wrap hope it works out. would of been nice to get some ties with it too I didnt even think about it ill probably try and use hose clamps

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
I prefer the SS hose clamps. The DEI ties were a PITA and after three failed attempts I through them away!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well now i wish i would have gotten the thermasolutions but i all ready bought it went with the DEI titanium 1''X15' wrap hope it works out. would of been nice to get some ties with it too I didnt even think about it ill probably try and use hose clamps
The physical material should be the same, or very close. Just overlap it a little more if you want it thicker, but keep in mind you'll need more wrap.

I didnt have a problem with the DEI ties. Their kind of a pain but once i got them on they were snug ever since. That was like 6 months ago if i remember correct. Never tried the hose clamps though.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
I prefer the SS hose clamps. The DEI ties were a PITA and after three failed attempts I through them away!
I too hated the DEI clamps, they are a pain. I ended up using some tie wire I had laying around and it worked awesome.

@ OP, I used DEI brand on my car. It works fairly well, If it matters the DEI is supposed to be Dale Earnhardt Incorporated.

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool I think it should work out then it is only 1'' strip but 15' hopefully this should keep temps down

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
You should of gotten the 2"x15". The 1"x15" is a fairly small roll.

If it matters the DEI is supposed to be Dale Earnhardt Incorporated.

DEI acronym for DESIGN ENGINEERING INC when it comes to exhaust wraps.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
I too hated the DEI clamps, they are a pain. I ended up using some tie wire I had laying around and it worked awesome.

@ OP, I used DEI brand on my car. It works fairly well, If it matters the DEI is supposed to be Dale Earnhardt Incorporated.
WRONG.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Ive always used stainless 'lock wire' to secure header wrap. Those ties looked expensive.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My buddy Mike wrapped his down pipe and charge pipe on his 600+hp turbo civic about a year ago with the DEI titanium and I think it looks good as well as he said help to keep down under the hood temps and still going strong! here's a pic!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts