Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone run these with good luck? i have one now and its bad. but got it for 15 bucks from a freind. just wondering if i should get another?

·
Registered
829 Posts
ive used a ebay gasket on a friends ls/vtec setup with high comp pistons and stock head bolts it held up just fine.

oh if you dont want the gasket i will take it off your hands :TU::p

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i ended up going out to advanced and they could have a felpro tomorrow for only 41 bucks so i just went ahead and did that instead of waiting a week from ebay for only 10 bucks cheaper. but the ebay one i have on it now went bad after maybe 1000 miles. not sure why.

·
Let's Go Oakland!
99 EX - 13 EX
4,222 Posts
So you already ran an ebay headgasket and it failed correct? Then, you made a thread asking about the quality of said headgasket, knowing already that the one you have didnt last? Ok...

Seems to me like you already had your answer... if it failed once already, why chance it. Go oem

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you already ran an ebay headgasket and it failed correct? Then, you made a thread asking about the quality of said headgasket, knowing already that the one you have didnt last? Ok...

Seems to me like you already had your answer... if it failed once already, why chance it. Go oem
i was asking if anyone else had good luck with them cause i was thinkin about gettin another. i only paid 15bucks for the one i had from a freind who got it on ebay. already got one ordered from advanced auto as i stated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
what about intake and exhaust manifold gaskets anyone have any luck with these? also the valve cover gaskets and valve stem seals cuz there is a whole kit on ebay for like $40 i was gonna use for my mini me swap I already have an oem headgasket

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
OEM if possible.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
i had a felpro set and i got a ebay set w/ my rebuild kit. i acctually used the intake valvestem seals from the ebay kit they acctually fit better. other than that i used everthing from the felpro kit. only 100 bucks and they can be trusted. nothing sucks more than blowing a gasket especially if your at the track or an event so just buck up and pay for some quality.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah go with somthing good. illl be going with a nice thin ass cometic next time. running a thick cometic now.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
The last Ebay headgasket made by "enristic" blew up on me. wont use them ever again.
Boosted or N/A? I threw a freshened up full Z6 and the eBay "Enristic" HG on the motor...no problems yet! I'll be re-torquing the head studs, doing a compression test, and doing a final valve lash this weekend to check things out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts