Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a set from nissangtrpower on ebay for 144 shipped. They are H4 6000k's. Very easy to install, took me 15 min.s and they light up the road great. Even came with instructions :p . http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=320060329920&rd=1,1

Here's a pic of them installed

They are installed in my stockers temporarily until these show up
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=170062631814&rd=1&rd=1

I'll keep you guys posted on whether or not these things are still working in a couple months haha.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i like 'em and i agree that an interior pic would be cool

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
I'll bet they have hot spots out the ass or zero light focusing ability. There hasn't been a retrofit kit made to date that can reproduce the razor-sharp cutoff of a *TRUE* HID setup. In fact, every major manufacturer of these kits have been nailed by the DOT and had their products recalled and yanked from shelves. And we're not talking little no-name producers of these, either, companies like: FET Inc. ,JC Whitney, Streetglow Inc. ,Liteglow, APC, and others.

While some kits *do* work, the applications are very rare and sometimes are even only flukes from the factory. The biggest things to look for once they're installed is that they don't focus on a single area (hot spot) or spray light everywhere regardless of how they're aimed.

It's the difference between this:

And this 8) :

You can see what I mean. The top pic has light going EVERYWHERE this spells disaster for oncoming traffic and even yourself since it's going elsewhere than the road :lol: It also has large hot spots whereas the second pic has neither.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
That Z tail mod is stupid. It would bug the fuck out of me to have un-even looking headlights.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

As requested, it should look a little better once i get the projector headlights. They will never look as good as factory H.I.D's, seeing as though vehicle manufacturers have a lot more time and money than i ever will haha. My main goal is to be respectful of other driver's on the road and get them so they are tolerable. Projectors should be here tomorrow so i'll have updated pics when they arrive and i get them installed

·
Registered
14 Posts
here's a ? for you. has anyone else seen the projector housing from the new infiniti q45? i think it looks kind of cool and I saw them retro'd into a 350z and they looked absolutely sick. only problem is, a friend of myne who is a tech at fort wayne nissan said that the actual light displacement kind of sucks, but he did say that when they are on and aimed at a wall at the proper distance, the light actually forms the infiniti logo...whether or not that's true, idk, but it would b pretty cool. i just wish s2000 projectors and hid kits were cheaper :mad:

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts

As requested, it should look a little better once i get the projector headlights. They will never look as good as factory H.I.D's, seeing as though vehicle manufacturers have a lot more time and money than i ever will haha. My main goal is to be respectful of other driver's on the road and get them so they are tolerable. Projectors should be here tomorrow so i'll have updated pics when they arrive and i get them installed
i wanna see these pointed at a garage door or a wall

·
Registered
376 Posts
Good post, I would have never thought that some of the HID kits would spray the light like that. Is that pic. of a car with Projectors or regular lights.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good post, I would have never thought that some of the HID kits would spray the light like that. Is that pic. of a car with Projectors or regular lights.
That pic is without the projectors. The projectors if they are decent should spread the light alot more evenly and really clean it up. If these projectors don't work so good, i'll track down some OEM ones and do a retrofit.

All picture requests will be honored as time will permit, so if you got a request, lay it on me and i will do my best to get the pic.

Basically as it sits right now with no projector, it's basically a much brighter headlight bulb. It's an improvement but has soooo much more potential. The thing i really like about these is how everything reflects from the light. I'll have signs almost a 1/4 mile ahead that i can see clearly as the light is already reflecting off of them. Also the lines on the road almost seem as if they are popping right out at ya(kinda cool when you're stoned haha).

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
I have a ton of different stock projector units from integras, tiburons, es300's, as well as a couple after market units.

Also the lines on the road almost seem as if they are popping right out at ya(kinda cool when you're stoned haha).
I hope you seeing this from the passenger side...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts