Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST put my ebay H brace on. Got it for like 45 shipped to my door.

Quality looks pretty good, welds look fine, no weak spots.

When I was installing, and finished connecting to where the front LCA's go, I moved to the back. It needed a little coersing to properly go in, but nothing just getting the screw lined up and ratcheting away.

Clearance of the ground is no problem at all. Clearance of your aftermarket header is another thing.

I'm running a DC Sport 4-2-1 1 piece header. The H-brace DOES NOT contact the header in any points, but comes damn close to. Talking 1/4 inch or less, but there is no spot on mine where it is touching.

I have yet to get it on the road, but will update soon.

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
yea I'd like to hear more feedback from people that have this AND a rear sway bar...i HEARED you get HELLA understeer with both?

·
Registered
449 Posts
The brief time it was on my car I did like it, but I think it caused most of my understeer problems and my 2 1/2 dp would rub against it. Eventually I took it off, notice a difference, but I dont think I need it anymore.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This combined with a rear sway bar should in no way produce understeer. With just the sway bar, there should be a great amount of oversteer, and the H-brace should have little or no effect on it. There should still be a level of oversteer if you have a 19mm sway or larger.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
I have heard the H-brace cause understeer, in fact I've read a couple of people prefer the NRG brace that is missing the middle bar but is otherwise the same as the H-brace. (check out modacar.com, they have a pic).

Also, a rear sway bar should promote oversteer, not understeer, right?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aight well here are some of my results.

It sits fine, but my header touches it when warming up, but after my car warms up...it doesnt haha.

The only real results I have felt so far are just that is lessens the impact of some bumps in the road, it is too cold to really get going on some back roads, unless I drive for a long time to warm the tires up.

Once it gets warmer, I will get going and road test it and see what advantages/disadvantages it gives.

·
Registered
334 Posts
can anyone get pictures of ground clearance?

this is my main concern

Reactions: 93 red ls

·
Registered
686 Posts
Trust me it's not worth the time or the money to put it on. I had an NRG one and it made more squeaks and rattles appear on my car than I already had. I wasn't worth the input I recieved for what I purchased it for. I would have been better off just saving money to buy some really good spring rated springs or tires. Just leave the braces alone they aren't worth it. It's mostly a show piece. if that's what you are going for then get it, only nobody is gonna crwl under your car to see if you have it.

·
Registered
a car
862 Posts
i bought one for my del sol..uninstalled at the moment..purchased because i heard supposed to help traction...true?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts