·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mmk cool shit, I'll go ahead and pick that up and just loosen it all the way and see if it opens. If not, I'll do what you did. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why are they junk?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol I don't understand what would make it junk? To me, it seems like it would almost be hard to mess up a blow off valve lol. I just want a good, crisp, semi-loud sound and one that doesn't leak but that does open when it's supposed to w/ out spending a shit load. It's only 55 shipped and from everything I've read, they're fine...just wanted to check with you guys to see what you've heard and to hear your experiences. Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
461 Posts
i love honda said:
Why are they junk?
Read about them, their diaphragms have a huge problem with ripping and they cost $80 for a replacement one (which are now discontinued for the Type-S). I got one for free because the diaphragm was ripped, replaced it with a master cylinder gasket for a "GM" for $5, perfect fit. :p

It's made of cast aluminum (or so it seems), wouldn't be a bad thing though if they had more threads, i stipped the adjustment just tightening the spring down some.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i just installed a greddy-s egay one the other day. for 31 bucks shipped i figired what the hell why not. i had to loosen the adjustment knob alot but it sound awesome. its pretty loud but still decent for daily driving. im running both hoses to it btw

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I am going to go ahead and get that black Type RS

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Is there a difference in the knockoff RS's and the knockoff S's? The Type S's look a lot cheaper made... Is there a difference in any of the knockoff's or are they all the same shit?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright Im about to buy one. I found a really nice RS and I really nice S. The Type S is completely polished and is about 7 bucks cheaper. But I want one that gives a loud ssswoooshhhh sound. S or RS? Which one's louder?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I personally like my Type-S, has kind of a "high-tech" sound to it i guess you'd call it, the RS just sounds like air being released. What about an HKS SSQ? Sounds like a Laser. :p

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright, thanks man. Im going to go ahead and get the Type S. It looks really nice. It's polished.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts