Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 civic dx
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These ebay exhaust on my 4 door atleast were hell to get on .. the complete kit with shipping was $180.92... My resonator hangs so low it's just dumb..

these ebay exhaust will work but u kinda get that pop can shit sound that I hate outa the muffler.

heres some pics

Attachments

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I fixed the hanging too low problem on mine by jacking up the center a little and while the middle two hangers weren't as stretched, reinforcing them with zipties. raised the back bend up a good 2"

·
Registered
99 civic dx
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna do that zip tie thing, thats a great idea. I was gonna go to parts store and see if maybe they had rubber hangers that were a little shorter but that ziptie method sounds like a good idea.. thanks shoebox I appreciate it

·
Registered
99 civic dx
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well Im good as of right now, boy n girls.. ya get what ya pay for Ive learned that.. Im a broke ass guy and I had that notorious exhaust manifold crack in the D16y7's .. so for 180$ shipped I got a header/gaskets/and every pipe all the way to the muffler... Its not great at all at higher rpms it has that rice sound that I hate.. even with silencer taken out it has that ricey sound... Im gonna do the zip tie thing to reinforce rubber hangers today.. for what it is im happy about it ... really at the end of the day the one thing that I hate about this kit is the hanging real real low issue and the 2nd O2 sensor pointing down (only way it would bolt up) .. already ripped off 2nd O2 sensor on a bump.. I was smart and got a 24" O2 sensor extension which you will def need to connect 2nd O2 sensor .. remember that! got a good quality extension harness for like 12$.. if u needa get an extension I reccomend buying from the dude from ohio on ebay.. his garage is called like fatz or something... got it too me real quick although I live in KY about 8 hours from chicago.... over all Id give this exhaust kit a 2.5/5 stars because It was hell getting the flanges to line up and get everything togeteher.. now granted I did put this whole kit on by driving up on rhino ramps and using nothing but hand tools... try holding up piping with your knee and using both hands for 2 different wrenchs.. that sucked baaadddddd but I got it with no lift and only using ramps and 1 person... good luck to any of you that get this.. seller was Zspeedzsoundz or something like that .. If you see a kit on there thats $180.92 with free shipping thats the one I got ...

On a side note... does anyone else have any other options I can use to raise the resonator up rather than using zip ties to reinforce rubber hangers?

thank you all and have a lovely day

·
Registered
99 civic dx
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and really I need to get a cat converter and a new 2nd O2 sensor.. I dont think my car is running in limp mode because it goes through all gears and Ive had it up to 80mph.. I do have a CEL though because of no 2nd O2 sensor.... is my car running in limp mode though guys??? Im do not have near the knowledge on 96-00 civics as you all (my d-series brethren) do..

thanks

·
Registered
99 civic dx
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a weird thing too is ... on my 99 civic dx sedan.. the resonator pipe that came with this kit had 2 metal hangers.. but.. underneath my civic where the resonator pipe is there is only 1 rubber hanger.. I thought I was doing something wrong but I looked everywhere underneath the car and yes there is only 1 rubber hanger.. correct right ?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I think two for rear(mufl) and middle of car(res).

Custom exhaust shops could have hooked it up for a little more, lifetime warranties, and better components, do some home work when looking for exhaust fellas, staying local can net you sweet deals, and a better exhaust.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Your car is not running in limp mode bro.. The only code its throwing is the 2nd O2 sensor trust me.

I have a 2.5 inch ebay exhaust on my 99 ek coupe. Mine hung really low like yours when i test fit it and i was like wth lol.

I ended up cutting off the test pipe flange and the flange on the downpipe. then matched them up so the rest of the exhaust pipe actually sat flat

I ended up cutting off one of the hanger mounts on the mid pipe because it hit the chassis.. i also had to move the hanger mount by the rear axle lol it was a bitch to deal with but i have an 3 inch downpipe and 2.5 inch exhaust for less then $200 cant beat that.

Now it fits great..i did replace all those shitty gaskets they give you.. those are complete crap and will cause leaks in no time.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
mine tucks up nice and tight. I also dropped mu ebay downpipe and exhaust off to my fab guy.

he happens to build one off rally crs and dune runners. his ranger does 10-20ft high jumps on the dunes....so he knows his way around a fab shop :)

so what he told me:

1) buy an ebay exhaust if I want cheap, he cannot buy the materials for the cost of a ebay exhaust. not counting the labor

2) the exhaust fit 100x better than he was expecting

3) really it fit like shit till he modified just about every exhaust hanger, one or two he cut off and rewelded on in a different spot or orientation and another he was able to heat and bend

4) obviously my downpipe is a one off with a forward facing manifold, so I had him weld in a o2 bung where I wanted it, and also added v-bands to the downpipe

5) overall im very happy, I do plan to hack off the muffler and add a vibrant flat black and a turn down at some point

to get rid of the raspy add a turbo or get a resonator and cheap chambered muffler, I have no rasp

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm gonna do that zip tie thing, thats a great idea. I was gonna go to parts store and see if maybe they had rubber hangers that were a little shorter but that ziptie method sounds like a good idea.. thanks shoebox I appreciate it
Zipties will burn/rub away after a short while.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

·
Registered
99 civic dx
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
guys I figured it out .. for some crazy reason the resonator exhaust hangers go below the pipe... like today I unbolted the resonator and flipped it to where the hanger hooks were below the pipe and in the rubber hanger.. pulled everything up a good 6-7 inches and everything lined up alot better.. I cant believe an exhaust "hanger" would go below the resonator but it worked like gold and another guy told me to do this and it worked like a charm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts