Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 weeks ago I bought a ES shifter bushing set from "unclesamdeal motorsports". It's for my '94 del Sol with a D15b7 engine. The listing said it was for the non-Vtec model del Sol and all SOHC Civics, so I went ahead and purchased it. I didnt notice that the picture was actually the bushing set for the DOHC B-Series transmissions with the 2 piece bushing on the transmissions side of the stabilizer bar. And, when I went to go install them today (been busy working, with life...just now got around to installing them), sure as shit, they're the wrong bushings.

It's after the 14-day return window, so I cant return them. I'm not pissed because 1)I took forever to install them, and 2)I should have checked the picture before buying.

I just wanted to let you guys know when buying on eBay to always double check before buying!

Link to auction:
ENERGY SUSPENSION MANUAL TRANSMISSION SHIFTER BUSHING HONDA RED RETAIL PACKAGE | eBay

·
Registered
275 Posts
I bought the exact same ones pictured in that auction and they installed just fine.
What kinds of problems are you having installing them?

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then how come with my D15 del sol with a D-Series tranny the 2 piece bushing doesnt fit in the stabilizer bar? The original bushing in the bar is a 1 piece bushing... If i over reacted I apoligize, but I've NEVER had an issue installing these in my previous cars, nor any other car I've worked on before... This one just straight up does NOT fit...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Then how come with my D15 del sol with a D-Series tranny the 2 piece bushing doesnt fit in the stabilizer bar? The original bushing in the bar is a 1 piece bushing... If i over reacted I apoligize, but I've NEVER had an issue installing these in my previous cars, nor any other car I've worked on before... This one just straight up does NOT fit...
When I put mine in it was VERY hard.. the bushings kept popping out.. I held them in with vice grips for a while and hammered the sleeve into them and let it sit for a while.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just get the set from Honda 40 bucks. I did and it's amazing. And you know you are getting quality parts
Just because it comes in a little white and red bag with japanese writing on it doesn't always make it better or 'right'. Honda doesn't actually make all of their parts. The Honda replacement bushings are great but for ~$40 from Honda you could buy 3 sets of the Energy Suspension bushings which are just as good if not better than the originals from the factory.

To the OP when I installed these on my 92 Hatch it took tons of finagaling to get the bushing in its a tight fit just keep trying!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I never had issues installing D shifter bushings. Issues i had was the nuts and bolts breaking and needing to go to the local hardware store to get some.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts