Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you ever used one of those engines kits on ebay? not just the gasket sets but the ones that come with acl bearings, pistons, oil pump and timing belt. i usually dont buy these but kinda short on money. if anyone of you have, are your engines still running with these parts in them? hahah

·
Registered
95 Civic EX
338 Posts
a buddy of mine is runnin one and its like 9 months old and still runnin right

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
You'll be fine...or better yet PM FJT and tell him what you want and he'll get you the right parts for a good price!

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i was thinking of getting the fjt engine kit for my d16 but wasnt sure on the other stuff. thanks for the info :TU:

·
Registered
276 Posts
im going on 13k miles with mine. the only problem i had was the oring for the distributer, it leaks the most minute amount of oil...makes my engine look alot dirtier than it is. i got the whole engine kit. works wonders. good budget build.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm purchasing one of these kits on Wednesday link . Has anyone got any experience using this kit on a ZC?

Thanks and regards.

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
one thing, how do you know what size rod and crank bearings you are getting? or do you normaly tell them what colors you need and they throw those in?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
one thing, how do you know what size rod and crank bearings you are getting? or do you normaly tell them what colors you need and they throw those in?
They'll be STD size. They're a good seller; plenty of users here used to buy Vitara pistons off them a while back. I really hope that your T-belt doesn't come all bound up like that though...

Because you will be getting STD size bearings, make sure to Plastigage your clearances!

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
that kit looks really good to me. if I didn't already have things like tensioner, water pump, oil pump, and some gaskets, I would have really considered getting this kit. but I'm going to be able to put together a kit with just what I need for cheaper :) .

good luck. it looks good. the only thing I'd worry about is the oil pump. there $100 new everywhere. that would be the only part that would really be a bitch to remove ( compared to everything else).

buy it and write a review on it. that would be SICK!!! tell us if any of the gaskets fail or anything else.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I really like the race kit with a cosmetic HG, acl race bearings, hasting or npr rings, and vitaras, for $300. + all gaskets

Holy shit!!! look at there timing belt kit; timing belt, water pump, tensioner, cam seal and f. main seal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts