Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked around but cant find any yes or no's

I will be building my a6 for turbo and i need all new gaskets
i found a couple kits on ebay for like $40-55 are they worth a shit?

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
i bought one for my dd. i had no problems and still running it, BUT im not boosted. IMO i would get a oem or cometic. depending on how in depth you want to go with your build for turbo...

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Try FJT on these forums. He can hook you up!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
click on my username, view public profile, search for threads that I've started, you'll find a post I started about Ebay gasket kit.

Only 8 pages to dig thru, shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Got a gasket set from Ebay for my Y8 Minime swap and I blew the headgasket almost immediately (a 3 layer metal gasket) despite it being torqued in order and to spec...

Its only $31 for a Y8 3 layer gasket from a honda dealership, don't think for one min. you will be 'saving money' when the OEM stuff is just as cheap directly from Honda.

it didn't just blow, if literally fell apart, and when it happened it pressurized my cooling system blowing apart the bottom of my radiator (And again, nothing was wrong with my radiator, this was due to headgasket failure):

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
I might get a oem head gasket.... I too bought an eay gasket kit... I sure as hell dont wanna deal with that shit..

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I have always used head gasket from Autozone and Napa and never had any problems with it. I too also bought myself an d16z6 full gasket kit and will be using it on my build.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i'd go with the three layer metal head gasket from autozone, ive used them serveral times and never had any problems out of them, and there only like $36 so is not bad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts