Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I made this video a while ago but thought I'd post it in case anyone finds it useful :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I' using this pushing 20psi for a couple months now with no issue.. It's a hit or miss i guess..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Didn't watch the whole video. But I've heard decent things when you use an oil restrictor. The only other issues I see is they don't put down as much power as a real counter part. Like when you compare a quality 50 trim to an ebay 50 trim. I don't hate though. A lot of ppl don't realize that this cheap solutions allow ppl who normally couldn't afford a turbo setup to get their foot in the door and grow from there. I really hate the don't do it if you can't afford to do it right mentalilty.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Did you use an oil restrictor?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Didn't watch the whole video. But I've heard decent things when you use an oil restrictor. The only other issues I see is they don't put down as much power as a real counter part. Like when you compare a quality 50 trim to an ebay 50 trim. I don't hate though. A lot of ppl don't realize that this cheap solutions allow ppl who normally couldn't afford a turbo setup to get their foot in the door and grow from there. I really hate the don't do it if you can't afford to do it right mentalilty.
Thats why you buy bigger than you need. When you get the turbo, actually measure it so you know how much power it can make.

I bought a t-70 ebay turbo on here for $50. I measured it, it was a 62mm and made 330whp at 13 psi. Pretty decent for $50 lol

I always use oil restrictors with ebay turbos and they always seem to last as long as a good brand turbo.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thats why you buy bigger than you need. When you get the turbo, actually measure it so you know how much power it can make.

I bought a t-70 ebay turbo on here for $50. I measured it, it was a 62mm and made 330whp at 13 psi. Pretty decent for $50 lol

I always use oil restrictors with ebay turbos and they always seem to last as long as a good brand turbo.
Oh I know you have to measure lol. They are never what they say they are. They just like stickin catchy names thatl get searched a lot on em hoping someone bites the bullet. Ibe seen a few different setups run 10-10.1 on the ebay T70. It does seem to put down power like a 62mm too now that you mention it lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts