Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought some ebay coils and i know they're cheap but i have no other choice (low on money) but how low should i drop it so that it dosent rub on my tires and make them bald??

·
Banned
Audis, Vdub, R6,EVO8
1,594 Posts
How are you going to ask a question, when we dont even know the size of rims, tires.... not even a picture.... low on money should of just saved...

·
Banned
Audis, Vdub, R6,EVO8
1,594 Posts
Im proboly not the person to be ask about a cheap setup. But I would go about 2.5 or 3 in the front and 3 or .3.5 in the back. You have to be dumped looks sexy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wouldnt go lower than 2.0" in the front and 1.75" in the rear with stock struts. This way they might actually last a while before they blow. Also at this drop it won't be too low to get an alignment right away or a camber kit. The back tires will have more camber than the front but you can use washers to fix it. I hope you enjoy a bouncy uncomfortable ride because that is what you are going to have.

Reactions: 93 red ls

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
I wouldnt go lower than 2.0" in the front and 1.75" in the rear with stock struts. This way they might actually last a while before they blow. Also at this drop it won't too low to get an alignment right away or a camber kit. The back tires will have more camber than the front but you can use washers to fix it. I hope you enjoy a bouncy uncomfortable ride because that is what you are going to have.
true that....you have to remember with the ebay coilovers are going to come with a "boucey" feel to the ride.... wouldnt want it to be dropped solow it rubs or anything when you hit a bump or something to that nature

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah my friend has a 89 rex and lowered his on stock struts/shocks so low even the littlest bumps he scraped his cat on the ground. His frame was 1"-1 1/2" off the ground. I am suprised his stock struts didn't blow after having it that low but it sure was going to happen sometime soon. It seemed like he had no springs on it at all. Hard and bouncy. Anyway he now has Tokico Illuminas 5-way adjustables with the Eibach Match springs. Rides like a caddy.

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Yeah my friend has a 89 rex and lowered his on stock struts/shocks so low even the littlest bumps he scraped his cat on the ground. His frame was 1"-1 1/2" off the ground. I am suprised his stock struts didn't blow after having it that low but it sure was going to happen sometime soon. It seemed like he had no springs on it at all. Hard and bouncy. Anyway he now has Tokico Illuminas 5-way adjustables with the Eibach Match springs. Rides like a caddy.
i literally just yesterday swapped out my "ebayish" setup older kyb's with r-1 coils for brand new tokico hp's with only 1.5 inch lowering hp springs! i LOVE the look of a dumped ride BUT with my turbo build i want the hadleing and help off the line with the launch so going for a more stiff setup prolly will add swaybars ect...

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I wouldnt go lower than 2.0" in the front and 1.75" in the rear with stock struts. This way they might actually last a while before they blow. Also at this drop it won't be too low to get an alignment right away or a camber kit. The back tires will have more camber than the front but you can use washers to fix it. I hope you enjoy a bouncy uncomfortable ride because that is what you are going to have.

This man speaks the truth.I can't get rid of my ebay springs that came on my car fast enough

·
Registered
390 Posts
ya i did the same thing bought a set of egay cheapy coils...im about to buy a set of skunk2's off of hondatech then im going to save and get a set of kyb struts...i can't wait for a smooth silky ride!

if i were you i wouldnt even waste the time of installing those egay coilovers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts