Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
call me a cheap ass, buttanyone got any info on these chip on ebay, by spoon and jun?? obviuosly there fake, but jsut want some info on em,

cheers boys n girls

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I'm not sure if there necessarily fake, there not specifically tune for you car though. I'm guessing there for B's with bolts ons, cam, and IM, maybe head work. They dump more fuel into the motor and advance the timing. If you put an intake, cam, IM, head work, etc. on your motor your going to be lean a wot. Above 80% throttle the ECU looks at the fuel map/table to get the injector duty cycle and doesn't trim or compensate for a lean or rich A/F ratio. The stock maps/table on a stock engine, the A/F ratio is at about 13.1-13.5 . So, if you add an intake, cam, etc. the wot fuel maps are going to be lean. So, that's how these chips can add like 15HP, because your lean at wot.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
best bet would be to just have someone chip it for you that does have what you want and have the ability to have it setup so you could hookup to datalog..

W

·
0 Posts
i remember looking at the map of those chips its advances yout timing like crazy, richen fuel the same and there in not spped limit and or rev limit. great chip to screw up your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts