Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Civic EK
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im just wondering how much WHP can a ebay 44mm trim turbo can go for ?

Thanks fellows :p

·
Registered
841 Posts
Did you really just ask this? Did you really just waste your time? Dont you know how to use google? Do you know where the search function is on DSO?

Sorry for the stupid questions i was just wondering if you can answer my dumb questions to?

·
Registered
Civic EK
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you really just ask this? Did you really just waste your time? Dont you know how to use google? Do you know where the search function is on DSO?

Sorry for the stupid questions i was just wondering if you can answer my dumb questions to?

Man im just asking cuz i dont no what this turbo can do. And you if your going to answer like that dont answer !

·
Registered
94 hatch
450 Posts
Man im just asking cuz i dont no what this turbo can do. And you if your going to answer like that dont answer !
really... you ask a question that's been covered numerous times, a question that you could have answered for yourself with a quick trip to google in about the same amount of time it took you to make your thread. his response may not have seemed the most helpful but in reality it is. use the search bar that's what it's there for. i think awebb (sp?) has a sticky on how to do it if searching is not your forte.

·
Scammer
322 Posts
You could find or answer easily on here or H-t, but yes about 300 is about best you could get out off it.

Any turbo can crap out on you anytime, I fact is that if a egay turbo does then your dropping another $150 bucks on a new one, If your garret or turbonetics your dropping more then likely over a stack for a new one or 500-800 to rebuild yours. You get what you pay for. I have seen little egay turbo build do work at the track and destroy other people turbo builds. who cares if they didn't buy a brand name turbo.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
we recently tried one out on a cheap setup we put together at the farm

it ran a 12.6 spinning super super bad. probably had 12.1's or 12.0's in it.

we were running it at about 20psi on 94 octane pump.

id say it was making around 280-300whp

turbo was toast within 1000 miles. they are junk.

·
Registered
Civic EK
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks that helps ! :)

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts

Wow thats not long at all but also thats high power for an ebay turbo.

And to the op ebay turbos normally good for $150, 10psi 1-2yrs if taken care off. But please do search.
"civic ebay turbo"
A shit load of stuff will come up.

·
Registered
My Civic
861 Posts
i've owned one for about 3 years, daily drove no problems for low boost projects, high boost do consider another turbo.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
It's obvious you haven't done any research.

In an entirely objective manner i'm telling you you are seeking information the lazy way.

Learn how to figure out the actual size of a turbo.

Learn how to read a compressor map.

gtfo, research, comeback

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
That's certainly one theory.

Also, the word is spelled douche.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have a china-charger on my car. I went [email protected] mph at 14psi on it in a full weight EK. I have put probably 10,000km on it, has no shaft play, doesnt leak, seems mint. I run a 0.070in resistor and brad penn 20w-50 oil. Planning on turning it up to 20-25psi this year, ill let you know how long it lasts.

·
Registered
Civic EK
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a china-charger on my car. I went [email protected] mph at 14psi on it in a full weight EK. I have put probably 10,000km on it, has no shaft play, doesnt leak, seems mint. I run a 0.070in resistor and brad penn 20w-50 oil. Planning on turning it up to 20-25psi this year, ill let you know how long it lasts.
Perfect man thanks :)

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Wow thats not long at all but also thats high power for an ebay turbo.

And to the op ebay turbos normally good for $150, 10psi 1-2yrs if taken care off. But please do search.
"civic ebay turbo"
A shit load of stuff will come up.
This is quite the subjective statement. Do you have hard proof that the "limit" for an ebay turbo is 10 pounds for 1 -2 years? It's as pointless as those "how much whp will my car make threads"....nobody knows.

I had an ebay "57 trim" on my second setup (DOHC ZC) that had 12k on it before it was given to me. Not only did I use it on that setup but also on the following setup (LSV). Never had an issue with it.

My point is that there is no "limit" for an ebay turbo. You get what you pay for....sometimes you luck out and sometimes you don't. But don't to try and put some arbitrary time frame and number to it because it's impossible. Longevity is unpredictable, period.

OP, want a reliable turbo go with a reputable company. Want to take your chances? Go ebay, but just know what you're getting yourself into.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.