Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I am not trying to develope these to sell to the forum. I am simply interested in this from a performance perspective. The Eaton M90 can make a fair amount of hp and are fairly plentiful from the junkyard. I have a D16 so I could attempt to mount it but I want too see if it would be a worthwhile venture.

Before I hear how an SC is pointless and that you can make so much more hp from a turbo realise that I give a shit less about that and it has nothing to do with the point of this topic. The fact is SC units have there benefits over turbos and that is what I am keying in on. Namely that they are more dependable, have a broader efficiency range, can make 300hp, easy to find, and most important cheap.

I have access to a CNC so the mounts would be easy to duplicate.

Thanks

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What!?!? The jackson kit uses a m62. This one will produce an honest 130hp more. I thought the problem with the jackson kit was that it didnt make enough to be worthwhile and was to expensive.

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
If this was for a B series i would like one. Acid is correct D's and B's use the M45, the k's use the M62.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
M62 on a D16 is about perfect for stock bottom end.

M90 on a GSR = very little boost when VTEC opens, too much overlap on Scho's car.

Remember the Moss/Sebring/Jackson design had no wastegate or blow off valves to limit boost. If you drove them harder for more boost, the extra heat didn't help much.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,919 Posts
A M90 is too large for a D series IMO. The M62 is perfect...nearly the same flow and temperature stats at 14,000RPM but the M62 takes 10-15 less HP to drive. The problem is, there is no way to source a 3rd gen M62 other than the JRSC kits from what I've seen. I'm not sure if there were any OEM applications that used the 3rd gen M45's or M62's.

Instead of messing around with M90's or M62's, I think a better idea would be to design a way to intercool the D16's M45 kit without modifying the manifold or alternator bracket...something you could just add on to the existing kit. I've already got a couple of ideas in the works for this exact thing...and it would only take 3 additional parts to make it happen

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
or you could just add a proper sized (small) turbo.

Which is why I gave up on the AKSC.

But no turbo can recreate the evil "SCREAM" of the Eaton when it is working! It is a sinister sound!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am befuddled by the response that has been posted. The m90 is plentiful in the yard and can make north of 300hp. They are easy to rebuild and cheap. Very dependable.

This is the only time I have ever seen a forum say to develope a setup for less hp then more. The m45 is a joke. The m62 is nice but size is very close to that of the m90. Wow.

Kingyeddi which unit you have. I would like to find one from a ford.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Getting an M90 to spin correctly is a pain. It's been/being done for the B, but not so much the D.

I wouldn't want to spin a stock Eaton blower backwards. *shrugs*

This is the only attempt at doing things "correctly" that I've seen or heard of.
Anyone interested in a 500+ WHP Supercharger Kit? - Honda-Tech

Please do it and show us up, though. =)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts