Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'll never escape GMO corn, live with it.

Four ears of locally grown corn, shucked and wrapped in foil with a pat of REAL butter....

result.....

Two normal sized potatoes rough diced, a glug of EVOO, then 14 oz IQF peas on top with 4 pats of REAL butter.

Stirred up....

Three 3.5-4 ounce (before cooking) boneless pork loins cooked to perfection.

Yes, I over did the peas and taters, mushy but still delicious. I could add a flour and water rue/cream sauce which is how Mom used to make it that she learned from her GMa. If I would have bought a 4 pack of pork this would have feed 4 adults with ease, I'm stuffed!

All totalled, the food, the butter used (1/2 stick total?) and charcoal + foil I have about $9 in everything.

Oh yeah, I'm eating all this without any lifestyles changes like exercising and I'm losing weight. slowly.

Get to moving about when it is not hot and cut back/quit the swill beer, yeah, this won't be too hard.

I used to go through 1.5-2 loaves of bread a week. Last bread I bought was hot dog buns!

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Damn bone that looks so tasty

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trust me it was. The hardest part, I'm only cooking for ME. Hopefully mom eats an ear of corn and I'll have perfect amount for two more reheated meals.

I have a huge list of recipes to try. I picked up a Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsay book from the library today. I have 4-5 recipes out of a Jamie Oliver book to try, two are simple pasta meals.

Oh yeah....I'm doing all this on a charcoal grill :)

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Sweet makes me want to go grill outside right now. Is that a homemade grill made of big barrel? That's cool! Haha

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Char-Griller, $140, got it on sale for $97 and then $20 mail in rebate.

I aloi caught charcoal on sale/clearance so I'm good through the winter. I have 200 pounds of it right now :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.