Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i installed a new alternator in my car the other day and i didnt change out the pulley (ended up having one less ridge) so it ate the belt up pretty badly. but at the same time my power steering belt basically fell apart and im really not sure why. any input would be great thanks

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
well, my only guess is that the belt was installed incorrectly, maybe the belt wasn't seated in the groves and it got chewed up. or there was not enough tension or too much...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i never touched the power steering belt and ive never had any problems with it. unless if it could of been when the pieces of alternator belt were braking off that it caused it to brake apart

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the only noise i heard was when the chunks of the belt were flying off... or the ticking of when a piece that was still one would hit something. but im not worried about the alternator belt breaking i know the reason for that... just the power steering unless if i tighened the alternator belt too tight and then forcing the pulley over a bit (doesnt seem to likely though i hope) and then causing more stress on the power steering belt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts