Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a shop here they are called Power pros here in So.cal They have a 50shot nitrous kit for sale for 425$ I don't know the brand, but for basics to safely run a 50shot

What aftermarket parts do you recommend?
injectors/fuel management
Tune?

D15B Vtec Obd-1 P28ECU in EF/ED Chassis

if they apply for the rules as a turbo kit around 7-10psi w/ t4/t3 turbo
then I have a good idea.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dry kit.

but i'm debating if I should just wait a few more months and install a turbo
I only drive hard on weekend nights so the car is well maintained.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Fuck, if you live somewhere there's no winter or if you only summer drive it, throw in NGK R5671A-9s. They're beast, and as long as the engine is warm they work great.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Injectors, tune, fuel pump, "7" range NGKs, preferably the racing ones. (I can't remember the darn part number, but I should since I have a bunch sitting around.)
I got some ngk's already. i'll buy some aftermarket injectors or fuel pump if you or anyone has any spare that works great.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Also NGK TR-6s are a good nitrous plug... Run em in everything we've ever sprayed...
As for a dry kit, I don't reccomend it for anyone. IMO every vehicle I've seen ends up with a loss of compression after a while...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Setting your motor up for nitrous then running it stock most of the time is like begging for your rings to go kaput... Just take the time to get a turbo and build your motor up to run it.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
a wet 50 shot could be done fairly safly on a completely stock motor, a wet kit has 2 selonoids one for nitrous and one for fuel....so it is self fueling and you could just spray it.....over a 50 i'd say you need to tune because of timing

with a dry kit it has no fueling so even a small shot requires tuning

wet > dry

and yes the sniper kit is a wet kit

the difference between that kit and the highflow kits which cost twice as much is the tank will only support a 100-125 shot at most, and the selonoids have a brass base instead of a stainless base....and the selonoids flow slightly less iirc

its designed for the average user...the guy who just wants a 35-75 shot for some fun.....most other kits cater to those with purpose built nitrous cars

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
round 2 with pics <- highlight, right click, left click on copy, click search, click in the search feild, right click, left click paste, then hit enter....

i have a thread with my nitrous install, ittle give you a idea what to expect, no ripper vids, but i had a 65 shot on my stock z6 and loved it..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts