Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
if lowering springs were put on stock shocks would they ruin the shocks or would it be ok?
depends on a lot of things. I ran my sportlines for a few years on stock shocks before they finally died.

·
Registered
256 Posts
the shocks could be fine for a couple of months, but you surely need to upgrade them later. i have tein s-t.. on stock shocks.. been fine for over 4 months..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi guys, i have lowered springs on standard shocks. They are SPAX springs (you might not have heard of them but they are quite good quality and popular in Europe) lowering the car about 1.5" The ride is great on smooth roads but when you hit bumps its horrible, u can really feel it, almost like the shocks are compressing as much as they can so they is no more give. The ride is far too bumpy. I was wondering if this is due to having standard shocks or just what happens with a lowered car?

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,707 Posts
If you use your standard shocks with lowering springs 9 times out of 10 you will get a lot of unnecessary bounce. This in turn will affect your traction more then you know and could cause you to bounce off the road on a bad turn.

Do it right the 1st time and you will not regret it.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
So basically get a set of aftermarket shocks for use with lowered springs and that should help not only the rough ride but also the handling too as im getting a fair amount of understeer? thanks guys.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i ran my H&R Sports on stock struts for about a year. the rears eventually blew out because of the added stress...

might as well get some Tokico Blues and throw them on at the same time

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
So basically get a set of aftermarket shocks for use with lowered springs and that should help not only the rough ride but also the handling too as im getting a fair amount of understeer? thanks guys.
Yes, the correct shock will improove ride quality & influence hadling...& will have better longevity.
To fix the understeer, we need more info; details of you set up, type of driving....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts