Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I’ll probably get some flack for this but I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find much.

I have a 97 Civic with a d16y7 motor in it that is bad. It is nearly impossible to find another d16y7 that is in good condition to replace it with. Is there a thread on here or any diy’s to replace it with a D15 series or other similar?

I would like to try and find something that would be the simplest to replace with. Something that won’t take much work and I can just drop the motor in and go.

Thanks ahead of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
any single cam d series will work. keep the y7 head and bam, plug and play

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Until he tries to start it and receives no signal from the sensor no longer mounted to the oil pump.

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
Until he tries to start it and receives no signal from the sensor no longer mounted to the oil pump.
:bowdown:

then he just has to google how to ckf bypass.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How in the world can you not find a y7?

That's ALL that's in the junkyards around here. Every now and then run into a y8 but the pullaparts are littered with DXs here. I would say 95% of the civics in the junkyards here in ATL are d16y7s.

x2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.