Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13,000 Miles on an Eagle/Vitara Setup

I also wanted to post this because I see all these posts about how they sound after mileage etc

You guys think its sounds healthy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMFHGMTJuxg

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
well seeing as u've gone 13k on it.. hows the fuel mileage on that vitara eagle set up?

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well seeing as u've gone 13k on it.. hows the fuel mileage on that vitara eagle set up?
What do you mean?

and the mileage is so so, a lean tune on it and it gets about 27 MPG

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well at least he got them good broke in before boost......
I got cut back at work is why its not boosted yet :S I know it sucks and now I have to get me a daily beater. I don't want to turbo this car and something happen and then me be stuck with nothing to drive.

·
Registered
^^^^^^
416 Posts
It sounds fine to me, just a lot of valvetrain noise. I have noticed that a camera does have a slight tendency to amplify valvetrain noise though. Have you checked the valve clearances lately? Sounds like they could use an adjustment.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
man thats as slow as my auto atleast lol

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It sounds fine to me, just a lot of valvetrain noise. I have noticed that a camera does have a slight tendency to amplify valvetrain noise though. Have you checked the valve clearances lately? Sounds like they could use an adjustment.
Yea it does alot, its no where near that loud in person just at startup which is normal

It's so slow I don't even attempt to run it hard, just for this video only :D

Advice to anyone: Never build a vitara setup until you know you've got the money to boost it.

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How was it tuned lean? The Vitara builds need at least 40 (in some cases 50) dBTC to extract maximum mileage with lean AFRs.
i'm not sure, just for mileage. Plugs were white when I done the comp test today.

It's getting boosted in 2 months anyway :bigok:

·
Registered
same as above
861 Posts
stick your key in the dash to get rid of the maintenance req'd thing

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stick your key in the dash to get rid of the maintenance req'd thing
Nvm, edited because i see what ur saying now.

Never really cared or paid much attention to that :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts