Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told that i don't need Hondata or Uberdata if I had the new GReddy e-Manage Ultimate. is this true?

what do you guys think? is the new e-Manage Ultimate worth it?

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
I think its really nice, but its still a piggy-back unit, nothing can replace a chipped ecu that still utilizes the factory ecu in the way it should function. But I must admit, the ultimate is a nice setup, but look at it this way...... you spend 500-600 bucks buying that when u can buy a chipped p28 ecu for 120 bucks, get a harness from boomslang.us for 75 bucks and there is under 200 bucks... then all u need to do is download uber..... thats only 200 bucks give or take, well then u need a good tuner.... but your still better off just going with a chipped ecu..... your internals will be thanking you :)

·
Registered
EJ8
845 Posts
that depends on the setup and emissions. but IMO go with the p28 ecu get uberdata or crome and find a tuner and u should be set. not only save u some money but its better from this stand point. uberdata and crome have been out for a while, so tuners are familiar with it, unlike emanage ultimate which is still pretty much new. not alot of my local shops tune the new ultimate cuz they aren't familiar with it

·
Registered
301 Posts
Unless your in the same boat as me...Automatic, ODBII Not Chippable...Then you have to go piggyback and you want the best...so your gonna have to spend a pretty penny :(

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all this stuff seems complicated. my car is a 2000 Civic EX (SOHC, manual transmission), so essentially my stock ECU is an OBD2 right?

my Greddy turbo kit (to be installed in 2 days from today) is being installed with the Greddy e-Manage (blue box). i'm not aiming for the fastest D-series in my town, so I won't complicate matters with buying a chipped ECU (unless i have extra cash to waste) & other stuff. Here's my plan (in chronological order):
- install Greddy Turbo
- install intercooler
- upgrade fuel pump to 255 Walbro
- port & polish D16Y8 head
- install crower stage 2 cam & AEM adj. cam gear
- swap stock intake manifold with a Skunk2 intake manifold
- replace stock fuel rail with AEM fuel rail

all in all... to be quite honest, i'm happy with just having a turbo charged car and not literally, the fastest car with a D-series engine. i won't turn my car into a money pit and i certainly want to save up to buy my dream car: any of the newer Evolutions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts