Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CRX SI transmission with an M factory LSD running torco MTF. When coasting down in low gears there is a pronounced bearing whine. Shifting out of 5th gear is unsuccessful 1 out of 3 attempts.due work I have not had time to pull it and repair it.

In 3 weeks my work situation improves I am rebuilding my spare transmission that needs new bearings and synchros. I would like to repair this one the same day which means ordering parts ahead of time. Unless anyone can suggest which specific parts are needed I was going to go ahead and just get a bearing and seal kit.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,174 Posts
have you messaged or called Aquafina or whoopdedoo racing?

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really feel comfortable asking directly, especially since his knowledge is something that he makes money on. If he feels like offering pointers awesome, if not no hard feelings. If I lived near him I would just take it there, but the cost of shipping makes it really not worth it to me since the car isn't used for racing or anything but getting me to and from work in a fun manner...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,339 Posts
You will likely need more than a few bearings....sounds like lack of fluid is burning up 4th and 5th gear as well as the out bearings. Clogged oil ports from other issues will do it.

Unless you have a bunch of spares on hand, not something you can order parts ahead for with buying a full master kit.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like I might be better off swapping the mfactory differential into the other transmission then and saving this other one for parts.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only problem in the other transmission that I'm rebuilding was a occasional scratch when shifting into 3rd gear at high RPM and the fact that everything was original except for the axle seals at 298000 miles

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
I don't have a problem answering questions for customers. You can order any Synchrotech and OEM parts from me, but I would inspect the trans first.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have a problem answering questions for customers. You can order any Synchrotech and OEM parts from me, but I would inspect the trans first.
I respect your skill and knowledge. But at the same time I want to do as much as I can myself, and out of that respect though I am not going to ask for free knowledge, you paid in time and effort to gain it, and that is worth a lot. I am a control freak, and have a REALLY hard time letting someone do things I might be able to do myself. If my promotion goes through I get an extra $1k a month...i may be able to swing sending you a transmission then and you can do your magic. Plus i would want another LSD an so on. after having one i cannot see going without....spinning tires is so much more controllable i do not see why LSDs are not stock on all cars!

The plan right now is rebuild the known good parts trans and swap the LSD to it. then take the 2 other trans I have and mis mash parts to see what is needed next. If I promote like I expect you have my business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts