Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I swapped new rotors onto my car. All went fairly well ... my brakes work so I assume that I put everything back together properly.

The problem is that now my e-brake is essentially nonfunctional. It won't engage until I pull it up almost as far as it will go. This is ok for now since I don't need to park on any large hills at the moment, but I'd like to have the use of the parking brake. I have already tried adjusting the equalizer nut, and that didn't help ... is it supposed to just spin in place, it doesn't seem to offer a whole lot of adjustment.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh? What do you mean tension them? To reinstall them you just rotate the piston until it backs into the hole enough to allow you to slip them over the pads. Unless there's a wrong way to do that, I don't know what you are talking about.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
do you have drum brakes?

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
take off cc then it should be self expanitory after that tighten that nut
bleed brakes if not done already

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
either the cable has been stretched too much, hooked up incorrectly, or broken

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you live in eugene? Take it to 808 like everyone else with a honda in this town lol.
Went there yesterday. Been taking it there since I got it.

Anyway fixed the problem. I guess the equalizer does work it just looked weird when I was trying to tighten it, so I stopped before it did enough adjusting to matter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts