Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 sedan DX
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed my brake pads today, however, when I ran down to pick up more brake fluid I noticed my e-brake light stays(e-brake is down) on while i am driving but when I brake it goes off, I just topped off the reservoir and I am about to crawl back under there to change my oil so Any ideas would be great. Side note, I havent bleed the system, is it safe to assume thats what is causing the errounous e-brake light?

specs: 2000 4 dr, drums in the rear discs in the front.

thanks.

·
Registered
605 Posts
if u didnt disconnect any brake lines then u shouldnt need to bleed it did u unplug nething

·
Registered
88 sedan DX
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No, only thing i did was loosen up the banjo bolt to allow enough release to let the piston push back. After topping off the reservoir it went away, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
fluid level could be low and or the float is defective. Or your rear brakes are out of adjustment. You should pull up on the parking brake at least 5-7 clicks before its fully engagned. This is providing everything is pluged in correctly(maybe you disconnected the single pin terminals on the resivior cap by mistake, although not likely or maybe they are coming loose and unpluged easliy.) and the ground circut for the parking brake level in the center console is not loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts